Indoor/outdoor tortoises

Status
Not open for further replies.

esiotrot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Hi

I'm In the UK with 2 TGG & they have indoor & outdoor enclosures.

I was always told they'd more lively when outside in a more natural environment, however my 2 are more lively inside, even on the sunniest of days here (although getting less & less now). They just bed down in a corner or in their house for the day :(

Is this ok?

yoda3106

5 Year Member
esiotrot said:
Hi

I'm In the UK with 2 TGG & they have indoor & outdoor enclosures.

I was always told they'd more lively when outside in a more natural environment, however my 2 are more lively inside, even on the sunniest of days here (although getting less & less now). They just bed down in a corner or in their house for the day :(

Is this ok?

Yea, you are doing fine!! They would be more lively outdoors if you had the sun 24/7 for 10months of the year like mine do here in Cyprus, but, obviously born and breed british like myself know that britain only gets sun 27/7 for like a week and that's it lol so the fact that it's probably more warmer and to "there" temps in there inside enclosure probably plays apart in it, if it's not to "there standard" or it's not as warm outside as it is inside then if you put them out, why would they want to be out in it!! I wouldn't be, I'd rather be all snugged up lol :) I hope this makes sense!! Lol

I see the difference with my 3 Greeks, there out in there enclosure 24/7 from April thru till beginning of November and there always really active between the hours of 9am and 11am then when it gets too hot theyl hide and I won't see them again untill 4pm (feeding times!!) lol but when I bring them inside for the winter, but because theyve been use to temps of 40/45degrees theyl kick off cause there inside enclosure doesn't get as warm so theyl wana go out, I'll put them out on a cold day and I'll hardly see them, even during feeding times, then I'll bring them in and there happy with the inside temps and active lol it's quite funny to see!!

Hope this helps and makes sense :) dan

Status
Not open for further replies.