Indoor redfoot enclosure question

kjturtlegirl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Chicago Suburb
Need to put my redfoot in a bigger indoor enclosure. He/she is measuring about 6SCL what’s a good size that should be good for the next say 3 years?

daniellenc

Maryland
Not sure what climate you live in but if they have a large outdoor area it’s super helpful. You can do an 8x8 stacked and provide levels indoors but if your climate is good splurge on outdoor space!

kjturtlegirl

5 Year Member
South Chicago Suburb
Not sure what climate you live in but if they have a large outdoor area it’s super helpful. You can do an 8x8 stacked and provide levels indoors but if your climate is good splurge on outdoor space!

I live in a Chicago suburb so sadly my redfoot has to be indoors for several months out of the year.... he does get outdoor time in the summer months tho

LadyBlaze

Arlington Heights, Illinois
Hi I am curious to what you ended up doing for your enclosure for your tortoise? I also live in Chicago and am struggling with building an indoor enclosure so I was seeing if you had any advice! Thanks!

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC

I love both of these if you have the space. I mirrors my builds after his. Or if you can afford it, make it out of PVC boards.