Indoor tortoises in the living room?

Prairie Mom

Does anyone keep their indoor enclosures in the living room? Back when I had my three-toed indoors I kept him in the bedroom so the ambient light/noise from night time TV and such wouldn't stress him or mess with his sleep cycle, not sure if it makes any difference. Just curious about what everyone else does.
smaller mavis closed chamber.jpg Yes, this one is right next to a couch in our downstairs "tv room". The chamber takes up most of the wall. For now, it is still being used as our tortoise's night box. Half the time I set a drink on it and also use it to fold laundry.:) I often play music loud and we watch tv at night when the kids are in bed. I don't think the tv or anything bothers my tortoise because she has several good hide options that she likes and uses. As long as you have a good hide, I think you can get away with a lot. I also believe that animals get used to our routines.

Paschendale52

5 Year Member
She is indeed a princess.
Spoiled girl.
I have a couple of PhD's and my science room is for the preparation and identification of fossils, crystals and minerals, mostly.
To quote, tap the 'reply' option to the right of the 'like' option on the far bottom right of the message to which you wish to reply and then type your response under the quote that appears.

Very cool. Are these geology related PhDs I presume?

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
My critters are all in my office where I spend most of my day. I considered the possibility of giving them their own room, but I like being around them and I don't think they mind me pounding away at the keyboard at all hours.
The designated 'inside space' (aka sleeping quarters) for our large redfoot is in the bathroom but if we bring him in early he will try to escape until he is allowed to sit in the corner by my office chair so I relented and gave him a heat lamp and a hide box next to my desk. He hangs out with me until about 8pm and then walks back down the hall to the bathroom and waits for someone to put him to bed in his box.
I love that he wants to be with you and then knows when it is time to go to bed.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
I love that he wants to be with you and then knows when it is time to go to bed.
Pretty much all of my pets put themselves to bed, minus the rat, she is up for attention at any hour.