Indotestudo Elongata Wild Eating Habit Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Great article on Indotestudo Elongata. Cambodia/Vietnam have a very large protected range for these guys. This study was published in 2012 so relatively modern information. Keep in mind these studies can take decades to complete. I found it very interesting the types of food these guys chose to eat more than often. In some of our collection we noticed they don't munch of the cuddle bone here and there. They eat the entire thing over a span of a few days. This made way more sense after reading this article. Lots of snails with the shell.

Here is the article.
http://www.herpetologynotes.seh-her...al_Herpetology_Notes_Volume5_pages005-007.pdf

Anyways Here is a picture of some of our guys so its not too bland of a post. :D

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Thanks Ben. It is an outstanding article. I for sure have shifted a little in my indotestudo elongata feeding regime a little. It makes sense to me now about the extreme liking of the calcium by our animals.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Great article. Thanks tor sharing, it was a very interesting read.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Cool article. Thanks. This genus has always interested me, but I haven't been able to do much with them.

Benjamin

5 Year Member
zone 7b
Tom said:
Cool article. Thanks. This genus has always interested me, but I haven't been able to do much with them.
I think elongate especially would do very well with you.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Thanks Will. I try. Usually when I post PDF or articles they may be outdated. However this one is newish and full of great info particular to this species. I'm also trying to apply it to other indotestudo or similar chelonians of that area. Love the science trickle.

Status
Not open for further replies.