indotestudo forstenii

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benjamin

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
zone 7b
paniandforstenii002.jpg

2011 is off to a great start . I currently have five clutches of I. forstenii ova incubating, six ova total. Most clutches consist of only one ova, sometimes two.
They all appear viable at this time. There are still a few from 2010 incubating .
The adults are all housed on there own. They are paired for breeding purposes a few times a year.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nice.

What do you do with your babies? Sell them? Keep them?

Benjamin

5 Year Member
zone 7b
emysemys said:
Nice.

What do you do with your babies? Sell them? Keep them?

I keep most of them, others are with a friend. I have sold a few to someone interested in the species. The goal is to have known genetically diverse groups of F1 animals at a few locations.
Currently I have 26 forstenii, all housed seperately. My animals are being phased into the current studbook. This will ensure the future survival of the species.

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
[ I keep most of them, others are with a friend. I have sold a few to someone interested in the species. The goal is to have known genetically diverse groups of F1 animals at a few locations.
Currently I have 26 forstenii, all housed seperately. My animals are being phased into the current studbook. This will ensure the future survival of the species.

[/quote]

Benjamin,
Excellent work! I'm glad there are still some breeders out there with more on their mind than just making a buck.

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
cdmay said:
[ I keep most of them, others are with a friend. I have sold a few to someone interested in the species. The goal is to have known genetically diverse groups of F1 animals at a few locations.

Benjamin,
Excellent work! I'm glad there are still some breeders out there with more on their mind than just making a buck.
[/quote]

I agree. I think you're doing a really good job trying to preserve this species. :)

MeganAlyse

5 Year Member
Atlanta, GA
If you are interested in selling any of the babies or juveniles, please let me know, as I am very interested. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.