Infa red heat bulb?

mark1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ohio
I've been to Parma pets just a couple times but it was several years ago. Yes I believe they recently closed. Heights pet world I was at all the time! I'm an eastsider...
Have you been to herp's alive in South Euclid? You know Keith?
no , I really haven't gone to a pet store in a long time .... many of my old turtle books came from heights pet world , and a couple elongated tortoises ...... i'll look into checking out herp's alive ....... when I moved where I live now I decided to go with species native to this climate , and they are not readily obtainable within the state , just about every northern turtle is native to ohio ........... I have about 7 p.manni that I moved here with , and they are twice the work and expense to keep ........ the native turtles thrive here , winter and all .......

this is from one summer outside

2%20blandings1.png

DSCF26081%203.jpg

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
East Bay Vivarium in Berekely CA is a place like that. One of the original owners was Ron Cauble. Really great reptile and tortoise guy. All kind of great reptiles in there back in 1983 when I started going in there. Ron Tremper was around at functions and get togethers at his house. That's where I saw my first sulcatas and got my first leopard in 1984. Don't think Tremper was an owner but saw him quite a bit. Great tortoise knowledge. I also wish I had some of those chelonians that were available then. Different owners now but still a good reptile store.

Thread has turned into memory lane!!
I don't remember for sure , but I believe I had gotten pricelist from east bay vivarium mailed to me ? I know I had gotten pricelist and turtles from Thompson zoo handled entirely through the U.S. mail ......... those places were in the classified ads of outdoor magazines .......

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
no , I really haven't gone to a pet store in a long time .... many of my old turtle books came from heights pet world , and a couple elongated tortoises ...... i'll look into checking out herp's alive ....... when I moved where I live now I decided to go with species native to this climate , and they are not readily obtainable within the state , just about every northern turtle is native to ohio ........... I have about 7 p.manni that I moved here with , and they are twice the work and expense to keep ........ the native turtles thrive here , winter and all .......

2%20blandings1.png

DSCF26081%203.jpg
Absolutely love blandings. Would love to have a few now. They would do great in my spotted habitat part of the pond. Do you ever have any available?

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio

2%20blandings1.png

DSCF26081%203.jpg
OMG, so beautiful!!
Herps Alive is not a pet store. It is a reptile rescue and education. I adopted a couple of my chelonians from them.
Are you originally from the east side?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Did someone say party?

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
OMG, so beautiful!!
Herps Alive is not a pet store. It is a reptile rescue and education. I adopted a couple of my chelonians from them.
Are you originally from the east side?
i'll have to look into it ...... no , I've always lived west of Cleveland