Injured sulcata tortoise

bette

Location (City and/or State)
AUBREY
I have an injured sulcata tortoise. Our dog accidentally got to it and broke part of its shell. I have a knowledgeable person tell me to use baking powder to help stop bleeding and then to soak him 3 times a day in warm water to help him heal. I don't know if he will make it. My question is this. I have an essential oil blend that has 4 oils in it. It is used for animals specifically and is called mendwell. I am trying to find out if these oils would be harmful in I added a drop to the water I bath him in. The oils are geranium, lavender, hyssop, and frankinsence.

Thank you for any help.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
May we please see the extent of the injury? Yes, if it's merely topical (the shell only), you can use whatever you would use on yourself with a skin injury. But if the injury goes into the cavity, don't use anything unless it is given to you by a veterinarian.

saleena.lewis

Massachusetts
I have an injured sulcata tortoise. Our dog accidentally got to it and broke part of its shell. I have a knowledgeable person tell me to use baking powder to help stop bleeding and then to soak him 3 times a day in warm water to help him heal. I don't know if he will make it. My question is this. I have an essential oil blend that has 4 oils in it. It is used for animals specifically and is called mendwell. I am trying to find out if these oils would be harmful in I added a drop to the water I bath him in. The oils are geranium, lavender, hyssop, and frankinsence.

Thank you for any help.
Could we see the injuries? Before I could even help you, I need to know what you are working with. Is it a minor or major wound? This may be a job for the veterinarian if it is severe.