Inquiry

Audrey27

Location (City and/or State)
Northern Ireland
hi can someone help my tortoise keeps flipping in his viv and can’t get back over at all he always needs help he also has started to be really active at night probably around 9 or 10pm is this normal.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings.

What kind of a tort, what kind of a night heating bulb are you using, size of enclosure... etc. if u csn upload a pix of the enclosure, describe your heating and lighting, thst would all help dignose the flipping.

Happy Torting

Audrey27

Northern Ireland
He s a Herman and I have him in a viv with coco coir he tries to climb everywhere and always falls on his back and can’t get back over I’m just afraid Incase he does it when I am not home as I know this can be dangerous but I’m more worried about him being so active so late he usually starts to settle about 7pm now he seems to start being active again between 9 and 10 pm I was just wondering is this normal he is a year and a half

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
I'd replace the feeder bowls with shallower terra cotta dishes first off. That humid hide looks a bit iffy to me as well. Easy to climb and flip.

Audrey27

Northern Ireland
They are shallow terracotta dishes and the humidity sits at about 80 to 90 so I think that’s fine also iv had his viv on before a people said it is fine.

Audrey27

Northern Ireland
It’s also mostly at the glass he flips as he wants out all the time as soon as he sees someone he tries to climb at the glass front to get out.