Inside to outside

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfwinged1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio,TX
Ok so the summer in Texas is heating up I put ion out today for a few hours in his normal out door habitat. When I was bringing him in I noticed he had foam outside his mouth and when I put him back inside he was panting , he was accessible to water and food? Would he turning into just a indoor climate controlled habitat ?ImageUploadedByTortForum1372295151.201662.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
It sounds like he overheated. Did he have shade? What was the temps?

Flash2013

5 Year Member
I live in Texas too. Way too hot for play time outdoors unless you go out early morning. I learned the hard way and my Flash was on the brink of overheating a few weeks ago.
Texas has crazy heat so even for playtime in the cooler mornings, make sure your baby has shade and places to hide as well as a clean shallow water source. [GREEN HEART][TURTLE]

cfwinged1

5 Year Member
San Antonio,TX
Thank you. Last year he did really good but this was first time I had ever seen this kinda freaked me out.

He has a deep substrate that is real moist, and inside a covered area and then the other side is mesh fence. It was in the 90

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
You can install a mister on a solenoid valve that is controlled by a thermostat. So if it gets to hot the water mister will come on automatically so you don't have to worry. Cost about 20 bucks for mister and about 60/70 bucks for solenoid valve and thermostat.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
oh man, that is funny... not about what happened... just the crazy weather! here in san francisco is waaayyyyyy tooo damn cold! today we got lucky and had the sun out but the pass 3 days was nothing but cold and rains! hope your tort does better! I would be freaking out if that would had happened to mine...

beautiful looking tort by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.