Interaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickyb

5 Year Member
Well, I understand that young redfoots are very shy and hide 90% of the time. Mine does.. she eats fine, sometimes wont come out for 2-3 days. sometimes every day...

I want to interact with her more... perhaps take her out of the viv every day... any ideas? suggestions?

I have a tortoise and am reallly happy for that... it just doesnt feel right to simply ignore interaction with her....

Thanks much

elegans

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Mine usually become more outgoing at around the age of 6 to 10 months. I don't spend a whole lot of time with them until then, though I do take time to watch them each daily when I feed for a few minutes. By the time they are a year old or so they will usually rush to greet you when they hear or see you. I can't say enough nice things about Redfoots ;)

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
I don't have a Redfoot, but my Chaco does not "come running" to me, and spends most of every day snoozing in her favorite spots. ;)

I don't feel a bit guilty for taking her out from time to time to "love" her and pet her and plant kisses on her shell or chin! She can't mind too much, or she'd pull herself in...and she doesn't. Often she pushes her head out further as if encouraging the crazy lady. :D

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I always go into the bedroom and greet Dale and Ruby. We feed them in the morning and Dale's usually out roaming around (silly Cherry) and Ruby is usually hiding under her plastic shoebox. Then when I feed Ruby I tap on the shoebox or mist it and she knows that it's time for her to eat. In a little while her little head pops out and here she comes running for her food. She's such a good eater. Dale is much more picky and not as social as Ruby. I'm trying to keep Ruby social, but you're right she does hide a lot. I can't help but love them both they're so cute. :D

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
I can't keep my red foots off of me. When I walk near them they will start climbing on my feet begging for food.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
In the morning when I mist the plants in Pio's viv, he comes out to eat. I never pick him up, except if I'm cleaning his viv. When he was outside last summer, I would sit next to his enclosure and read, and he would come and sit near my feet. He'd sit there the whole time I was reading. If I go in the living room, where he is, to clean or vacum, he will come out of his hide and just watch me until I'm finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.