Interesting reads?

Kitkat1989

I got this book and was just wondering if there is any other factual books about tortoises. I like to do research and find out more about things, any one got any recommendations image.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
The trouble with books and some of the info on the 'net is that they aren't updated. Once its printed on the page, that info stays the same forever. But the way we care for the animals changes as we learn more about them and their needs.

When I first got interested in tortoises, many years ago, there wasn't an internet to help me do research, so I bought as many books as I could find on the subject, and I joined a couple of national tortoise clubs. I sailed along for about 30 years with this outdated info, raising up new babies on alfalfa pellets with the occasional water soak and feeling like I was pretty well-informed about my tortoise endeavor.

That all changed when I joined this forum about 5 or 6 years ago. I learned that everything I was doing is all wrong.

Buy the books. They have some great pictures. And not all the info is old and outdated. But for the real stuff on tortoise-keeping, read our care sheets here on the Forum under the different species sections.

1028762jld543t69m.gif

Kitkat1989

Thanks! It's just something I like to do, read facts and stuff, I'm a geek at heart lol

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai/New York
Is the book good? You can post a review… that exact book is sold online and can be delivered to where you live (at least where I'm from: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates)