Intro Deja Vu

Cornfieldwerewolves

Location (City and/or State)
New Hampshire, USA
So I created a profile and introduced myself back in 2019 intending to get educated on potentially adopting a Redfoot. I never did pick up a tortoise because I had emergent major back surgery that derailed my plans.

So here I am again! And surprise! My first tortoise arrived this morning from TortoiseSuppy.com; a hatchling Leopard. I've begun a journal of sorts on Google Photos in a folder that's sharable - once I finish getting it organized I'll post a link!

I can't explain it, but you know how you come across a pet like this and they just touch your heart in an extra special way? Real talk here, I've struggled with continuing my existence recently and over the years as well, but this desire to watch my little beastie grow up outweighs the resignation that maybe I'm not calibrated for life.

It's like that line from the movie Up! where Dug, the golden retriever, offers up the line "I've just met you... but I love you!"

I have forum reading to get to! Thank you for welcoming me again into the community. I am stoked to be here.

In celebration of my new tortoise friend, I decided to make TORTellini for dinner. 10/10, no regrets.

Cheers!

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Welcome back!

Here's the care sheet for your new baby! Come back with any and all questions..we're here to help.

What did you name the little munchkin?

harrythetortoise

Virginia
Our adventure so far! From the moment of ordering, the unboxing and through to pictures from today!

Bishop the leopard tortoise

I chose his name after the character from Ridley Scott's Alien. It's one of my favorite movies. My orange cat is named Jonesy, after the feline crew member.

Yay tortoises!!
He looks so adorable! That unboxing video was so fun to watch☺️

Cornfieldwerewolves

New Hampshire, USA
Just a note in case anyone wanders by this thread; I had to make the photos album private till I sort out editing my unboxing video due to my address being visible. Ooops. Hard cringe.