Intro from PA

Holly'sMom

So here's an update i've been to every pet store in a 40 mile radius and I cannot find an actual thermostat for the lamps or outlets that turns off with the temperature and not by time. If anybody has any suggestions on where I can buy one It would be appreciated. Right now i have them all on timers and keep checking temps through out the day. iVe found/bought infrared thermometers but I can't find a thermostat of any kind that turns the lamps off

Maverick

5 Year Member
I have the same problem here in Ohio. I didn't want to wait for shipping so I checked every store around. I ended up picking the Zilla brand 1000w model on Amazon for $18.85, which in the end was best because most places list them around $30.

Holly'sMom

Awesome thank you! I looked on Amazon but nothing came up maybe it was how I was searching anyways I appreciate it. I ended up running out and buying another heat lamp so during the day I have the basking lamp,the heat lamp & UVB lamps. then at night the other 2 heat lamps. That way I'm not leaving them on 24/7 to keep heat and risking them overheating. I'm thinking winter I'll need to get a third small heat lamp for at night or try a higher wattage(idk if that makes a difference I'm using 100watt bulbs). Anyways thanks I'm. Going to get on Amazon now

Holly'sMom

My baby had a period of flipping but once we switched out his hut it didn't happen again (except for one random time) we went from 2x a day to once in three weeks. The problem was just that he was able to get too much purchase from his wood/bark style hut. I changed it into a terra cotta pot, broken to be able to lay on its side. I'm still super paranoid and check constantly, but it's looking much better so far!View attachment 186193

Holly'sMom

Ugh sorry still trying to figure out how to "reply" what's that white thing in the middle of your tank? It kind of looks like a dish?