Introducing a new tortoise to anther.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussianTortoiseCraze123

5 Year Member
Hey everyone! I am happy to announce I am bringing home a new Russian Tort this friday! So. I do already have 2 russian tortoises. I am planning on starting a breeding colony. I would like to know how i can make sure the torts wont bully her to badly. she is a female, looks about 6 inches. My female i own currently tends to like to show her dominance. Any tips or advice is highly appreciated!!!:tort:[/align]

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
The first thing I would recommend is not to allow any bullying. Not just avoiding "to much bullying." It's never acceptable to allow any bullying whatsoever. Btw, hi and welcome to the forum. I would read everything I can on raising Russians, especially since you intend to start a breeding colony. You should already know that Russians are extremely aggressive torts. Making sure you can separate them if need be is the first concern you should think about. They are known to be even aggressive toward females; so, beware.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats. First thing is, you should quarantine the new one for 6 months. To be sure she isn't bringing in thing, disease, illness into your other two. As for introducing them. I don't know what that would be. However, make sure you have a very large enclosure for them, outside preferably, with lots of sight barriers and hides. Couple water dishes and feeding stations.

RussianTortoiseCraze123

5 Year Member
Ok Thanks.The person I am adopting her from takes great care of her so Idk about diseases cause she seems well looken after. I free range my torotoises in my back yard :D

Status
Not open for further replies.