Introducing Lara and Panda!

Status
Not open for further replies.

llnguyen

5 Year Member
Hello everyone!

My name is Lara and I have a 10 months baby Sulcata named Panda. I am very sad today, because I just left Panda at the vet. He wouldn't eat and open his eyes anymore, it's been 6 days. The vet said that he only has 50% chances of survival. He will be spending the next few days at the vet. I miss him already! :(

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Lynnwood, WA
Hello, welcome to the forum! I'm very sorry about your sulcata Panda.. I hope the best for his recovery and that he survives through it! Hang in there :)

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Welcome Hope Panda gets better soon

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Lara and welcome to the Forum!

Now is the time to go over your tortoise-keeping and make sure you have everything correct for when he comes home. Baby sulcatas need to be soaked every day in warm water. They must have the proper temperatures in their habitat ranging from about 80F to 85F or 90F with it being about 100F directly under the light. He has to have a UVB light or get some sunshine every day because the UVB makes vitamin d3, which makes the calcium work.

Be sure to read the threads at the top of the sulcata section. A couple of them are all about raising healthy baby sulcatas and will give you a lot of insight into what they require.

I hope the vet is able to get your baby well. Please keep us in the loop.

llnguyen

5 Year Member
Oh! I love this forum already! You guys are so kind for supporting me. Thanks Yvonne for the advice, I will make sure to read everything there is about Sulcatas!

I have news from the vet! Panda has pneumonia, but the good news is that Panda seems to be better. He opened his eyes and even started to eat a little :)

I'll keep you guys posted!

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome. I am so sorry to hear about panda...below my signature are threads that are very helpful on raising your little one properly. I use then frequently.i hope things go well...

Status
Not open for further replies.