Introducing my cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amanda1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Plainfield, IN
I've been meaning to put up pics of the whole family for a while, but I was finishing my graduate thesis so I'm not too broken up about it. These are my 2 cats Ashley (left) and Sprite.

DSCN1239.jpg

I got them from a local rescue about 4 years ago when they were kittens. Their main hobby is whatever I'm doing at the time...

DSCN1140.jpg

DSCN1031.jpg

...followed closely with getting cat hair all over my clothes.

DSCN1212.jpg

DSCN1047.jpg

DSCN1134.jpg

Sometimes I catch them in their "synchronized sleeping" routine.

DSCN1106.jpg

And another picture of Ash because she's so pretty...

DSCN1086.jpg

I could overload the forum with more cat pictures, but I'll spare you :p. I'm going to be a crazy cat/tortoise lady when I'm older...

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Amanda1 said:
I'm going to be a crazy cat/tortoise lady when I'm older...
Why wait until you are older? and nice pics BTW I like the white one with the black marks on top of her head.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Awww cute kitties! What did you do your thesis on?

Amanda1

5 Year Member
Plainfield, IN
dmmj said:
Amanda1 said:
I'm going to be a crazy cat/tortoise lady when I'm older...
Why wait until you are older? and nice pics BTW I like the white one with the black marks on top of her head.

Haha, excellent point. Anyway I already have started, just waiting until I have a bigger place to expand. I'm going to have a whole room devoted to iguanas. *sigh* I dream...

I love Ash's marking too. She looks like a turkish van cat. (I'd never heard of them until after I got her)

AnthonyC said:
Awww cute kitties! What did you do your thesis on?

My thesis is about the effects of steroids on integrin signaling. (Cell biology if you're not familiar) The response I usually get to that is "Oh....that's nice." ;)

C

Claireabbo

amazing cats!! i think i just INSTANTLY fell in love with cats!!!!!! :D they are best friends! :D

Amanda1

5 Year Member
Plainfield, IN
Claireabbo said:
amazing cats!! i think i just INSTANTLY fell in love with cats!!!!!! :D they are best friends! :D

Yay! I love making people love cats. I've had cats since I was 3 years old and can't imagine life without them. They are wonderful creatures. Yes mine are best buddies. :) They are littermates so they've been together their whole lives.

C

Claireabbo

Amanda1 said:
Claireabbo said:

Yay! I love making people love cats. I've had cats since I was 3 years old and can't imagine life without them. They are wonderful creatures. Yes mine are best buddies. :) They are littermates so they've been together their whole lives.

thats amazing!! :D cats are so amazing! i have two dogs. so that wouldnt go over very well.... but once i move out i have to rescue some like you did!! :D

Amanda1

5 Year Member
Plainfield, IN
Claireabbo said:
Amanda1 said:
Claireabbo said:

thats amazing!! :D cats are so amazing! i have two dogs. so that wouldnt go over very well.... but once i move out i have to rescue some like you did!! :D

Excellent choice :) Although I'll admit I didn't set out to rescue the kitties. I had some extra time my senior year of college so I started volunteering at the shelter. We couldn't have pets in the dorms so I needed my cat fix. Of course I found some that I couldn't leave behind when I graduated. :p

I've never had a dog, oddly enough. I always say my cats are like dogs because they follow me around, are very talkative, and run to greet me at the door when I get home from work.

C

Claireabbo

Amanda1 said:
Claireabbo said:
Amanda1 said:
Claireabbo said:

Excellent choice :) Although I'll admit I didn't set out to rescue the kitties. I had some extra time my senior year of college so I started volunteering at the shelter. We couldn't have pets in the dorms so I needed my cat fix. Of course I found some that I couldn't leave behind when I graduated. :p

I've never had a dog, oddly enough. I always say my cats are like dogs because they follow me around, are very talkative, and run to greet me at the door when I get home from work.

yeah that would be one of my favorite things about dogs is when the greet you! :D but i have a little chiuhuahua and she is like a cat! :D and i think thats the reason i like them so much! and it was so funny so i lived in texas for like 12 years and for the first like four or five years we had like 9 dogs and two cats... well the cats would chase the dogs!! it was hilarious!! :D but not all cats are like that so i wouldnt want to risk it :) i too am planning on volunteering at a shelter sometime soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.