Introducing my hermanni and I

John R.

I have read many threads on this forum over the years, but am new to posting on here.

I got my first tortoise about 8 years ago, a burmese black mountain tortoise. Due to moving around a lot, I sold her last year and missed having a tortoise around.

So after some research, I decided to get a western hermann's tortoise (Just got it today! 2-27). I imagine I will have some questions every now and then because I have no experience with European torts.
10360415_10153189681665802_2297955513637665311_n.jpg
Looking forward to being a part of the community.
John

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the forum, John!

Donna/Turbo

Banner Elk, NC
Wow, I just spent some time reading about the Western Hermann's Tortoise and I think I want one. It says they are rare to find in the US. They are beautiful and the perfect size. Thanks for sharing.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Hello and welcome, what a cute little tortoise you have there :)

Donna/Turbo

Banner Elk, NC
Wow the Dalmatian is really nice also, and not close to the price of the Western. Maybe Dalmatian is the way to go!! Says they also have great personalities. The only thing I am hesitant is hibernating. I know nothing about hibernating since I live in Florida.

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
Wow the Dalmatian is really nice also, and not close to the price of the Western. Maybe Dalmatian is the way to go!! Says they also have great personalities. The only thing I am hesitant is hibernating. I know nothing about hibernating since I live in Florida.
I live in Florida with my eastern and he seems to be ok