Introducing my tortoise, and his enclosure *Requested*

Lauren13705

I got a giant bag of peat moss with no additives of any kind at Home Depot for cheap. I have an 8'X10' outdoor enclosure plus some hospital tanks and another fenced in area of unknown size (can't remember, but it's wider than the 8X10 but shorter so maybe 10'X6') that I have used the bag for, but I still have around half the bag left.

So do you think the coco fiber & moss, or ochard bark would be the best choice?

Angel Carrion

Location (City and/or State)
Douglassville, PA
So do you think the coco fiber & moss, or ochard bark would be the best choice?
I think both are perfectly great. For a russian, maybe Orchid bark would be better? I would suggest either looking at what the care sheet for russians suggests, or asking someone with russian torts. I have box turtles and use peat moss.

Lauren13705

I think both are perfectly great. For a russian, maybe Orchid bark would be better? I would suggest either looking at what the care sheet for russians suggests, or asking someone with russian torts. I have box turtles and use peat moss.

Thank you so much, I was thinking reptibark for the winter because it keeps humidity in. I will ask around!

Angel Carrion

Location (City and/or State)
Douglassville, PA
Thank you so much, I was thinking reptibark for the winter because it keeps humidity in. I will ask around!
Humidity retention is good, so that may be better. But again, people on here well known that keep your tort would be a better source of information.

so...HEY TORT ENTHUSIASTS! HOP ON OVER!
Everything by the speed of tort, haha.

Magilla504

Organic peat moss and cypress mulch mixed is the way I go. The two different materials hold moisture well and dry out at different rates. They are both cheap at the hardware store.

Also, if you are still debating on an enclosure problem . When you are at a big hardware store go to the section with concrete. Usually you can find large thick plastic "mixing " tubs very cheap. Buy two, cut an end off of each and attached them and you have a respectful size habitat for your tort. The same works with storage bins. Just another overwhelming opinion for you , lol