Introducing my two little leo's

EchoTheLeoTort

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
United States
I haven't had a tortoise for a long while, and recently my girlfriend mentioned getting one for my birthday, and needless to say I got one for my birthday, after talking more with her and showing her pictures, she was dying to have one, so as a surprise I purchased another which she has no clue is going to be coming with mine. We were talking about another, and decided on names already, (but I told her I didn't want a second one... :Dwhoops) mine will be little Cashew (Kash for short) And hers is Pistachio (Stache for short) :) Here's picks. They will be in their new home with us next Friday :cool: I'm in the middle of putting together a closed chamber for them with lots of hiding places, and two food dishes just in case there is any bullying. Yes I am aware to watch for bullying, and I definitely will be. I have another cage that will be set up in need of separating. Thanks for looking at my two new guys/gals:rolleyes: Both are believed to be hybrid babcocki/pardallis as the father was pure babcocki and mother was pardallis. I see a little pardallis in Cashew :rolleyes:
image-29.jpeg IMG_3844.JPG IMG_3845.JPG Cashew
IMG_3964.JPG IMG_3963.JPG Pistachio

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Cuties! Why not just get a third to help with the bullying? Yours, mine, and ours, lol. You know what they say about torts and potato chips...

Haha, I'm such an enabler... :p

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Congrats!

I'd say keep them separate from the start. I have seen such differences in their behaviors (even with hatchlings) when kept alone vs. a pair vs. a group. So separate or add ;)

Where are the babies coming from?

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Keep your eye open for a reptile show and when one is near you, go get a third one! You will not regret it. This way you can have a nonrelated baby and if you are lucky they will all be girls or all be boys or the one unrelated will be the boy with two girls! :)

EchoTheLeoTort

5 Year Member
United States
Keep your eye open for a reptile show and when one is near you, go get a third one! You will not regret it. This way you can have a nonrelated baby and if you are lucky they will all be girls or all be boys or the one unrelated will be the boy with two girls! :)
as dissapointing as this is to say, in South Dakota, we have no reptile shows lol

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Wow, gorgeous babies! They are so pretty! A third will even everything out, and help with (future?) bullying.