Introducing ourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamies82

5 Year Member
Hello all. I'd like to introduce our family....myself, Jamie, my fiance Kevin, and our first addition...our female Russian tortoise named Suni (pronounced Sunny) and we are currently located in Wisconsin, but hoping to relocate to Colorado very soon.
We purchased Suni from the local PetSmart and they told us she was a wild caught tort, probably about 15 years old already (not sure how accurate that is). We took her to the vet right away and she did have elevated levels for worms, so she's on a deworming prescription. Hopefully in the next six weeks she'll be all better!
We're already in love!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Welcome to you and the rest of the family! Are you moving for a job, to be closer to family or something else? That is, if it's okay to ask. Why did you decide to get a tortoise?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. I'm glad you found us and happily surprised that you got at least somewhat accurate info from a big chain pet store. It seems that so often they are either dishonest or just ignorant. You found a good person. Russians are great tortoises and Colorado is actually a good place for them.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Jamie:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Jessie

5 Year Member
Welcome. Congrats on the new addition. Russians are awesome little guys with big personalities. I'm sure you will have a blast with yours.

jamies82

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Welcome to you and the rest of the family! Are you moving for a job, to be closer to family or something else? That is, if it's okay to ask. Why did you decide to get a tortoise?

My fiance and I are both BIG nature enthusiasts, specifically hiking and rock climbing, so we knew we'd settle near mountains one day, and Colorado is just SO beatiful!!
My aunt and uncle had a RT for over 30 years (recently went to tort heaven unfortunately) and I just loved her, and my fiance had wanted a tortoise ever since he met her as well, but we waited about 6 months before finally buying...best decision we've made so far! Who knew tortoises could be so much fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.