introduction to the forum

lee_redfoot_tee

Location (City and/or State)
newcastle-upon-tyne united kingdon
hi all,

my name is lee and i am from newcastle-upon-tyne in the north east of england. little bit about me and why i am here, so my 9 year old son has become super obsessed with tortoise's and we decided the time was right to get him his own tortoise.we had a discussion with him and he decided he wanted the beautiful red footed tortoise.

we collected his tortoise from the pet shop a few days ago and they say he is around 1 year old.looks pretty small so he may be younger.he is probably around 4 inches long (shell)

so, i found this forum and joined today and my aim is to learn as much as possible about these tortoise's, not just the red foot but a whole host of different tortoise specie's.so if people see me asking noob questions around here please go easy on me.i already learned about humidity and tempreture's for the red foot enclosure and i have them perfect.

anyway, thanks for reading my introduction here and i look forward to meeting other tort parent's to share tip's and most importantly learn from.

thank you for reading,

lee_redfoot_tee

AZTort19

Grants Pass, Oregon
Hello everyone! Rumple and I just moved from Arizona to Oregon! I joined the forum because I am curious about how to raise a 2 year old sulcata tortoise in a cold environment. He is used to 100+ degree days and I don't want him to hate me because we moved here. I almost gave him up because I didn't know they could live here. Good to see that they are okay in even colder areas with the right enclosure and lighting!

Attachments

• Rumple in California.jpg
    Rumple in California.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 7

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Welcome to a great tortoise forum! Pictures are always appreciated if you are able to post them!

lee_redfoot_tee

newcastle-upon-tyne united kingdon
thanks everyone, ive been busy recently but im learning every day! tort is doing amazing heat is perfect and humidity is great, one slight issue is food! im alway's looking for better thing's to feed him/her.i will get there though :) thank's again people! this is a great place to be for tortoise owner's, brilliant site!!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hello everyone! Rumple and I just moved from Arizona to Oregon! I joined the forum because I am curious about how to raise a 2 year old sulcata tortoise in a cold environment. He is used to 100+ degree days and I don't want him to hate me because we moved here. I almost gave him up because I didn't know they could live here. Good to see that they are okay in even colder areas with the right enclosure and lighting!
Welcome beautiful sully!
AZTort19 if you haven't done it already. Please start your own thread. It is a lot less confusing when trying to answer any questions you might have. :)

daniellenc

Maryland
Welcome from another red foot keeper. 4 inches at a year sounds about right so the pet shop may have been pretty close to accurate btw.