Introduction

Donatello Tori

Hi All!

My name is Bronwyn and Donatello Tori is my new friend. We live in Gauteng South Africa which is not at all humid or wet.

Our story stated 23 days ago when I found little Doni on my back porch. He was so little and vulnerable I couldn't leave him. He was so lucky I found him before my cats did.
I live in a complex with many units and the back opens to a park. I have no idea where he came from and I asked all my neighbours and no one claimed him so I took it upon myself to look after him.
I have been searching the Internet for days making notes and trying to find out the best way to keep him healthy and safe. There are so many contradictions and I am so pleased to be apart of a community that can help me with Doni.

I have been reading on this site about how to raise him and what conditions are suitable and I want to thank @Tom for all his info. Great help.
I do realise that I have been doing alot of things wrong but this was a surprise friend and I could not have been more unprepared.
At the moment I am looking for items to improve his living conditions so it is suitable. From my research I have concluded that he is a Leopard Tortoise and approximately two months old give or take a few months.

I feed him fresh garden weeds that he eats by himself when I take him out. I soak him everu two days and have ordered a closed top enclosure.
I am so excited to be raising a tortoise that is not shy or lazy he is always active and eats alot and this forum is really helping me keep that up.

Thank you to all here!
Bronwyn

P.S. The container he is in, in the picture was just for the first day I have him in a much larger plastic box. Which is also temporary.

1433240242096.jpg 1433240265719.jpg 1433240290595.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Hello Bronwyn and Donatello Tori, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum.
Lovely looking leopard.
Read, learn, contribute, ask questions and have fun!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome Bronwyn to theTFO from AZ, USA . Leopards rule ! They are great torts .