Introduction

JennGold

Hi, my name is Jenn. I live in Florida and am the owner of a Red Foot tortoise named Tiki. Approximately 1 yr old. Never owned a tortoise before so I am learning as I go. We've had Tiki since early January. Joined this forum to educate myself on the proper care for out little Tort. (She) we hope, currently is kept indoors in a table built by my husband. Her table is on wheels so she does spend time outside and we do take her out for exploring. We don't keep her out full time as I live on the water and there are sea rats and large birds that I'd be afraid would harm or even kill her as she is still small.. When she gets large enough we will move her to a pin outside We acquired Tiki from our neighbors father. He used to raise them but has since retired from the tort business. He donated his breeding pairs to Sunken Gardens and it wasn't till a few months later that his neighbors began bringing baby torts to him that they found wandering in their yard. Apparently there was a clutch of eggs unbeknownst to anyone that had hatched after the torts were rehomed. We often tortoise sat for our neighbors when they would go out of town. On their return from their trip in January they offered us Tiki. We happily accepted so here I am.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Welcome Jenn! Your story is wonderful especially for you and Tiki.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Jenn!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Tiki is lovely.
And hello to you, Jenn, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum.
Read, learn, contribute, ask questions and have fun.