Introduction

chin_lee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WA state Pacific Northwest
Hello
My names chin lee and I'm just introducing myself. Ive been a lurker member here few years since i got myself a few hermanns in 2013.
Ive had reasonable success with my torts but i think im getting the hang of it lol.
I'm locatedin the pacific Northwest so the summers are great for my torts but the spring fall and winters arent not so good. I keep them indoors for 9 months of the year.
I had 1.2 of hermann until 3 weeks ago i found one of my females dead from predator attack. Truely one of my most depressing days of my tortoise keeping days. So ive been very protective of the last remaining 2.
Anyhow thats my introduction and im hoping to participate in more threads in the forum.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, it certainly took you a long time to work up the courage to talk to us. I'm so sorry about the predator attack. Do you know what kind of predator is was? Anyway, welcome to the Forum. We're glad you finally spoke to us!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Sorry to have known about your loss.

chin_lee

5 Year Member
WA state Pacific Northwest
Well, it certainly took you a long time to work up the courage to talk to us. I'm so sorry about the predator attack. Do you know what kind of predator is was? Anyway, welcome to the Forum. We're glad you finally spoke to us!

Thank you all for the welcome. Yes it took time to build the courage. But truthfully i wasnt sure how this forum was going to be. I used to be in multiple saltwater reef forums and ive seen good bad and the ugly ones. I wanted to be sure this forum was one of the good ones. Obviously with me now participating ive deemed it to be good lol

As far as the predator attack im confident it was a racoon. It may have been a cat but i have my doubts because it probably carried the tort across a low level deck and into the side bushes which is why i believe it was a racoon. I couldn't find her for half hour and then noticed a lot of fly activity in the bush area. I peeked in there and found her on her side. Ill save you the details but it was depressing. She was just over 1000 grams and i was hoping for some eggs with her this year.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Chin Lee, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum. :)
My condolences on your loss.

N

no one

A bit late, but welcome!! And I am very sorry for your loss. Must have been awfull finding her like that!!

popeye tortoise

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
A late welcome. I am like you I love to hang in the shadows and take in all of the stories and information. Sorry to hear about your loss.