Introduction

PaysonHobbybist

Location (City and/or State)
Payson, UT
Hello everyone,

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your community.

Let me introduce myself and my background. First, I live in a smaller city in Utah with my wife and four children. We are all animal lovers and successfully keep many animals. My kids all want to be vets when they grow up so we are all learning together and love all animals. Our collection of animals is constantly growing and currently contains 3 small dogs, 2 Guinea pigs, 3 aquariums plus two grow-out tanks of many types of African cichlids, 1 tank of guppies, 1 betta, a pair of clownfish, coral, 3 red-eyed tree frogs, 3 types of dart frogs (15 in total), 2 Vietnamese mossy frogs, 13 leopard geckos, 6 mourning geckos, 2 red-eared slider turtles, and 2 ball pythons. We do successfully breed some of these animals.

Tortoises have always been one of my very favorite animals and I have wanted one since I was a little boy. I have always been turned away from them due to the size they get but I have recently been doing research and found many types of smaller ones so decided I would start researching out the best type for my family and I and their care so we can provide a proper, comfortable, and happy home for some. Eventually I would like to potentially breed them as well but that is a long way off and will only be done if I know I can keep them healthy and happy first. I do not currently own any and am in the initial stages of the extensive research that I will be doing prior to purchasing any of them.

I look forward to being a part oft his community and look forward to studying the vast knowledge that each of you have to offer.

Thank you again for letting me be a part of this fascinating and amazing world.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jamaica
Hello there and welcome! You came to a great site. I have been here almost 4 years now. My family in Jamaica (Caribbean) and I also love animals and have quite a few! Including iguanas, tortoise, turtles, snakes.
Looking forward to having you here.