Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islandsaints

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Knotts Island
Hello,

My name is Tracy and I am a turtleholic. :D I have always loved turtles and tortoises, there is just something about them! I currently have a rescue Sulcata that we named Elton. His shell is in pretty rough shape as he spent his first 8 years living in a pet store with horrible care. Poor guy not only had no access to sunshine, he also did not have any lamps. As for food, that was a toss up too, he has even been fed bird seed! As a result of his poor first years he has sever pyramiding and had even had his shell collapse in one area!

All of that has now ended for him, he is now living the good life at our home in Knotts Island, NC. He has a very large area that is all his, we have an acre. He also gets little special things like roses and an occasional strawberry. One day, we hope to add another to our family.

Just a little about me, I am a happily married (19 years) woman who loves animals, I show dogs, have worked as a tech in a vets office and volunteered in the reptile department of the Virginia Aquarium where I got to assist in caring for komodo dragons and tomistoma crocodiles!
Tracy

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! What kind(s) of dogs do you show and conformation or ???

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Welcome to the forum. I hope your new Sulcata will thrive in your care! Post some picture of Elton when you have the chance please! Best of luck to you both!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Tracy:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Sounds like you're going to be a welcome addition to our little forum family.

Islandsaints

5 Year Member
Knotts Island
Jacqui said:
Hi and welcome! What kind(s) of dogs do you show and conformation or ???

We show Sussex Spaniels and Clumber Spaniels in both conformation and we just started doing Rally. One of our Sussex also is a therapy dog and we visit nursing homes and childrens hospitals.

Tracy

Islandsaints

5 Year Member
Knotts Island
Here are some pictures of Elton. We hope to improve his shell with good care over time. I also attached a picture of his house that my husband made, he also made the metal cut out on his house for me too. It was a welcome home present for Elton!

Tracy

Attachments

• EltonRoses.JPG
    EltonRoses.JPG
    647.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Elton 023.JPG
    Elton 023.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
  • EltonHouse 002.JPG
    EltonHouse 002.JPG
    994.1 KB · Views: 7
Status