Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mommy22boys

5 Year Member
Hello everyone! My name is Tessa. I live in Oregon in the willamette valley. I am looking to be a new tortoise mommy. I have been around them and have had other reptiles. I have two kids, 2 cats, a dog and some fish. I'm looking for a smaller friendly species that is a little more on the active side. I have looked into tortoises but there are so many species that it has become a little overwhelming. I really like the fancier species but they appear to be a little more spendy and most don't appear like they would do well in my climate. My older son has been asking for a turtle for a couple years now. He is requesting one for his birthday next monday. My husband just agreed to it a couple days ago. I understand that tortoises have a long life span and I am ok with that. When I get a pet I have that pet until they go to pet heaven and I love them just like they are my kids like they are part if the family. So if anyone has a tortoise that needs a new forever home let me know. Maybe it will work out for me and my climate. I have most of what I need for a habitat (just need a bulb, vitamins and substrate).

Thank you

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Tessa, and welcome to the Forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.