Introduction

Mandar

Hello!
I am Mandar from India. my friend got shifted to other place 2 months back so he handed me 2 Indian Star tortoise. Attached herewith the image. I am a newbie and doesn't really know about how to care about my tort. I have been giving them coriander leaves and lady fingers. They used to hide somewhere all the time but one of them has become active now and comes out in the afternoon. Please guide me about their food habits and shelter etc.
Thank you.

juli11

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Europe
Hi and welcome!

It would be very helpful if you can share a pic of their enclosure.
Feed them greens from outside ( I don't know which greens grow in India) but the star tortoise eat them
In the wild too. Also you can feed them normal salad. You have to look what they like.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Mandar. Welcome to the TFO from AZ, USA . You can read the post about Leopard tortoises leopard and stars eat about the same things . The care is about the same . But I cannt find the pictures of your torts or it's enclosure ?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Mandar, and welcome to the Forum!

Any dark, leafy greens would be ok to feed your tortoises. Are the tortoises outside? They will probably eat whatever they can find in the garden.