Status
Not open for further replies.

agranny4

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
B'ham, Al.
RE: Welcome to TortoiseForum.org !

Hello Josh, I am Donna / agranny4. At this moment I don't have a tortoise / turtle. I have always had a love for them and a desire to have one. Now in my latter years I am really getting serious about finding just the one or more to hopefully rescue or adopt from someone that needs to find a home for theirs.

I live in Alabama in a townhome that at present am preparing the small backyard to center around a habitat for whatever finds it's way into my home.

My husband has started enjoying the turtle sites with me and he is beginnning to realize that they do have personalities. I have enjoyed getting to know Frankie and his owner that is on many myspace friends list and they actually live close to me.

Well maybe this is enough of an introduction to me for now. I am glad to know of this site so if I ever need advice I have a good place to start and possibly even find the tortoise / turtle that needs a place to call home. I am sure that my 25 yr. old Double Yellow Head Amazon Parrot- Tex which we have hand raised and has been willed to our 33 year old son whom has said that he would care for my tortoise / turles when that time came. There are two other pets that live with us cute b/w alley cat- Precious, that we rescued as a 5 week old and our English Bulldog-Clementine

josh said:
Welcome to TortoiseForum.org. We strive to be the leader in tortoise (and turtle) discussions on the web, covering all topics as they are related to everything from the Cryptodira suborder (thats a fancy way of saying tortoises). Our forums allow for in-depth and specific discussions which can be read by tortoise enthusiasts worldwide!

Register Now (it's free!)

I am Josh. I am the site admin/moderator/what-have-you. I love learning about tortoises and currently care for 2 desert tortoise hatchlings.
Please use this space to introduce yourself (and your tortoises).

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ

Welcome to the forum Donna! This is a great place to get great info from great people!

agranny4

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
B'ham, Al.

jlyoncc1 said:
Welcome to the forum Donna! This is a great place to get great info from great people!

Thank you Dee, I have spent a good while tonight looking at the adoption portion of the forum. Been interesting and educational. Did not find one to adopt due to my location and the restrictions. But I have waited most of my life to get one so I am in no hurry and it is giving me time to get the back finished with pool, fountain and housing ..

Again thanks for coming to me, I will have to get use to finding these msg. left for me, I hope I don't miss any.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ

Donna, Perhaps if you could let us know what type of tort you are looking for, someone could give you some suggestions.

papa_smurf

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

Hi Josh,
I am a new user to the forum, and not sure how to interduce my self, or update my profile. Can you explain how to complete that?
Thanks

papa_smurf

josh said:
Welcome to TortoiseForum.org. We strive to be the leader in tortoise (and turtle) discussions on the web, covering all topics as they are related to everything from the Cryptodira suborder (thats a fancy way of saying tortoises). Our forums allow for in-depth and specific discussions which can be read by tortoise enthusiasts worldwide!

I am Josh. I am the site admin/moderator/what-have-you. I love learning about tortoises and currently care for 2 desert tortoise hatchlings.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA

you can introduce yourself in this thread. to edit your profile, click the "user cp" link near the top of the page.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA

Welcome to the forum Donna and Papa_Smurf. Glad you have joined us here. There are many people that can give good advice and or point you in the right direction. We all seem to be a rather friendly bunch of folk. Love stories of pets and of course Pics.

agranny4

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
B'ham, Al.

jlyoncc1 said:
Donna, Perhaps if you could let us know what type of tort you are looking for, someone could give you some suggestions.

Dee, oh that would be so cool. I am not sure of all the different ones. I have gotten really, online only, close to Frankie and his owner. It was neat that when they became a myspace friend of mine, we ended up living close to each other. I have not got to meet them in person yet due to a busy sched. with Grand children.

Frankie looked like the type of tortoise that I had always liked and he is a sulcata. I am open to any though. I would just love to start out and eventually become a refuge for all types. It is funny that you said what you did about them being a calming factor and that is what has always attracted me to them and fish aquariums but you can't handle the fish but watching does calm.

I live in Central Alabama, that might be good to know. This granny wants to Thank You for taking interest in me and my hopes to have a tortoise someday soon that needs a loving home forever and ever.

IN CHRIST
Donna / agranny4
Ecc.3

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

Donna welcome! Be sure to check your PM box. I sent you a couple of names you might want to contact.

papa_smurf, it's also nice to be meeting you. :)

agranny4

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
B'ham, Al.

Jacqui said:
Donna welcome! Be sure to check your PM box. I sent you a couple of names you might want to contact.

papa_smurf, it's also nice to be meeting you. :)

I was not sure if the info you gave me as addy could be used from the forum compose so I tried it and that did not seem to work. So I have dropped both a line from my charter e-mail. Was that ok and if there was another way to do it please let me know. Learning to navigate sites proves to challenge me sometimes but boy once I get it look- out.... Myspace and now this is really teaching me alot about the world of the internet ...

Again Thanks and I am so excited about hearing from either of both of the ladies you sent to me :D

IN CHRIST
Donna / agranny 4
Ecc.3

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

agranny4 said:
Jacqui said:

Again Thanks and I am so excited about hearing from either of both of the ladies you sent to me :D
Donna / agranny 4

Hi Donna: Go to the home page of Tortoiseforum.org, the page where it asks you to sign in...
In the upper left hand corner, just underneath the large letters "Tortoise Forum.org...ask questions, share answers, etc" You will see smaller letters welcoming you back. Under those you will see "view new posts" "View Today's Posts" and then "Private Messages" If you have any private messages (PM's) it would show there that you have some. If so, click on "private messages" and they will come up.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!!

Yvonne

agranny4

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
B'ham, Al.

agranny4 said:
Jacqui said:

Donna / agranny 4

Hi Donna: Go to the home page of Tortoiseforum.org, the page where it asks you to sign in...
In the upper left hand corner, just underneath the large letters "Tortoise Forum.org...ask questions, share answers, etc" You will see smaller letters welcoming you back. Under those you will see "view new posts" "View Today's Posts" and then "Private Messages" If you have any private messages (PM's) it would show there that you have some. If so, click on "private messages" and they will come up.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!!

Yvonne

Thanks Yvonne for you time and sending these instructions. With all the help that everyone offers, I surely will navigate well soon and be sharing my home with a lovely Toroise / Turtle ;)

IN CHRIST
Donna
Ecc.3

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

agranny4 said:
Thanks Yvonne for you time and sending these instructions. With all the help that everyone offers, I surely will navigate well soon and be sharing my home with a lovely Toroise / Turtle ;)

That's our goal for you, if after all the information your still wanting one. :)

agranny4

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
B'ham, Al.

Jacqui said:
agranny4 said:

That's our goal for you, if after all the information your still wanting one. :)

Well that is what I want. I can stand at my patio door and just imagine a or some little or big tort heads staring up at me wanting me to come out and play with them... Sounds silly maybe but I have a feeling not to you and others that share their lives with thse lovely fellows or gals ;)

IN CHRIST
Donna
Ecc.3

clippergirl

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

josh said:

bacaraj

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Biloxi,MS

Hi I just joined looking forward to getting one or two Red Foot Tortoises this weekend at the Louisiana Reptile and Exotic Expo. I have kept many herps in the past currently have just a very large Ball Python. I've kept land and aquatic turtles in the past but never tortoises, but have been researching the Red Foots for about 3 months now. I recently finished building the enclosure to hold my future torts and would love to share pictures of it in the appropriate thread.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA

Welcome to the forum Clippergirl and Bacaraj. Just so you know we love pics so feel free to post your enclosure bacaraj .

clippergirl

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

Redfoot torts are affectionate, smart and very animated.
I have had mine for a year now and they are still babies and we love them to bits here.
One of mine is having an EYe issue and I was wondering where I should post it. I did do one post on it, can't find that and don't know if anyone even responded to it. : ) Can I post a pic of my baby and her eye here ???

Clippergirl

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

bacaraj said:
Hi I just joined looking forward to getting one or two Red Foot Tortoises this weekend at the Louisiana Reptile and Exotic Expo. .. but have been researching the Red Foots for about 3 months now. I recently finished building the enclosure to hold my future torts and would love to share pictures of it in the appropriate thread.

One of the very best redfoot sites is:

turtletary.com/

Be sure to go there and surf around the site.

Yvonne

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

bacaraj said:
Hi I just joined looking forward to getting one or two Red Foot Tortoises this weekend at the Louisiana Reptile and Exotic Expo. I have kept many herps in the past currently have just a very large Ball Python. I've kept land and aquatic turtles in the past but never tortoises, but have been researching the Red Foots for about 3 months now. I recently finished building the enclosure to hold my future torts and would love to share pictures of it in the appropriate thread.

:) Welcome! Do you have some preselected that will be at the Expo or are you just hoping there will be some for sale? I love BPs. I currently only have one, KC. Can't wait to see what your enclosure looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.