Introductions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShellyL

5 Year Member
While I'm new to being an active member of this forum, I've trolled posts over the past two years whenever I've had questions about my Sulcata.

2.5 years ago I became mother to Dave. I'm his 4th and forever home. Dave has had a very rough life, previous owners knew nothing of his needs and as a result his shell is grossly misshapen. In all honestly I don't know how he survived the initial care he received. I'm thankful he did as he's brought me immense joy, my children are quite fond of him too.

I've learned that Dave is 20 years old, but no bigger than a dinner plate due to improper shell growth. I spoil him rotten. He's soaked daily, up to 3 times a day depending on ambient humidity levels. I've taken him to a local animal communicator (sounds hoakey but she's real) and learned he wanted out of his tort table and wanted more room to move. Since then, during the colder months he's free to roam the house, has his special area with a UVB bulb, heat lamp, hides and a humidifier. He ventures out of his area to play with my 4 year old (following him around the house). When he's done playing he goes back to his spot (all pooping and peeing is done while soaking or in his area and cleaned up right away).

During the warmer months he has custom built 12'x4' habitat in the yard. Complete with shallow 'pond', caves, tunnels and lots of his favorite greens growing. Grasses, dandelion greens, radishes, and other indigenous greens that he likes to sample.

I'll try to get a picture of Dave posted soon.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Shelly, and welcome to the Forum! I look forward to seeing Dave's picture.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Hi and welcome. Can't wait to see your precious Dave. Btw, you know he's a male? How? We'd all love to hear your story:p

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Welcome and looking forward to getting a look at Dave the survivor
Glad to hear he's got a loving home now.

Oh, and you don't have to share how you know Dave is a Dave lol. There's another thread for that. Ahhhhhh!

Status
Not open for further replies.