Irma, Harvey and Jose-hurricane hatchlings

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Somewhere in Florida
Hi I Have (12 Red Foots & 6 Eggs Awaiting to Hatch) Yours look Great( Laura Hempkin From Scotland)

SCOTLAND?! You keep red-footed tortoises in Scotland?
And you are breeding them?...that is simply amazing. Well done.
I'm sure many of us would love to see images of your arrangements there in another thread.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
I would love to see pictures of Scotland! Torts too of course.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jamaica
Absolutely beautiful babies - Congrats!

No Maria?

Raffie

Left the house since there was no electricity (too hot for kiddies). Came back three days later and these guys were out. Two mango babies (cdmay's darth-grandbabies) and one Squeeze/wicked baby. Something good came out of the hurricane. All solid keeper babies.

Mango 1-nice head/legs and color on the neck-
View attachment 218388View attachment 218389View attachment 218390View attachment 218391

Mango 2-solid legs, colorful but broken up head color, no color on neck.
View attachment 218392View attachment 218393View attachment 218395

Squeeze/wicked baby- nice head and legs, a little color on neck.View attachment 218396View attachment 218398View attachment 218399
Beautiful Babies. Love all the red on their heads and necks. My little tort has alot of red on its head, too.

Raffie

They are beautiful. I also got five eggs from Princess Bumpy. Raffle is a proud Dad. How long does it take for them to hatch. This is my first time.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Takes anywhere for 3-7 months depending on the temps and viability. The higher the temps the quicker they cook, but an increase in defects. Slow and steady is how I roll. Your patience will be tested with the long long wait ahead.