IS ALDABRA-TORTUGA.COM LEGIT???

Adam90

Location (City and/or State)
Sarasota
Has ANYBODY vetted or have had any experience doing business with these guys: aldabra-tortuga.com ???? Kinda looks a little suspect to me. Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If looks fishy probably is.
Couple ways to tell is if their prices are too cheap compared to other known legit sellers and if they sell too many different species.

Adam90

Sarasota
I have NOT. I was waiting for a reply from someone with more experience on this platform because things weren't adding up. they only have one payment option which by coincidence didn't have any fraud protection. I suggested another form of payment and I received this answer (see pictures). I've got 10 dollars to the man that can find ANY shred of logic here lol. Not sure what "getting shot in front of a police station" has to do with me my desire to safely make a purchase ??? He eventually agreed to Google pay so I asked for photos of his available tortoises and he sent me these photos (see pictures) which I ran a search on to make sure they weren't taken from anyone's website with negative results. They might be his pics but I'm still hesitant to say the least.

Thank you guy I appreciate it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220110-165600.png
    Screenshot_20220110-165600.png
    68 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20220110-165526.png
    Screenshot_20220110-165526.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20220110-165532.png
    Screenshot_20220110-165532.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 43

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
I have NOT. I was waiting for a reply from someone with more experience on this platform because things weren't adding up. they only have one payment option which by coincidence didn't have any fraud protection. I suggested another form of payment and I received this answer (see pictures). I've got 10 dollars to the man that can find ANY shred of logic here lol. Not sure what "getting shot in front of a police station" has to do with me my desire to safely make a purchase ??? He eventually agreed to Google pay so I asked for photos of his available tortoises and he sent me these photos (see pictures) which I ran a search on to make sure they weren't taken from anyone's website with negative results. They might be his pics but I'm still hesitant to say the least.

Payment platform without fraud protection is a major red flag for any purchase. I realize he finally agreed to Google pay, but I wouldn't chance it...

Adam90

Sarasota
Right right noted thank you for your input. It's just weird. Alot of the things they're saying make sense, but just as many things aren't making sense. He said they "import small amounts from Africa" and said they are "captive bred" in the same sentence??? From what I have read if the word "Africa" pops up at any time it's likely a scam. "Imported" is a bad enough word on it's own.

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
Right right noted thank you for your input. It's just weird. Alot of the things they're saying make sense, but just as many things aren't making sense. He said they "import small amounts from Africa" and said they are "captive bred" in the same sentence??? From what I have read if the word "Africa" pops up at any time it's likely a scam. "Imported" is a bad enough word on it's own.
Agreed!!

Adam90

Sarasota
Damn I'm glad I waited. They almost got one hell of a donation on my behalf. To anyone else who sees this and thinks it might be legit, I'd check this out too. Their area code and number is from San Diego California but their location is in Texas? Not sure if it's possible to be 2 places at the same time...??? ? I'm not going to lie, this bummed me out. I thought I was going to be able to afford my dream group of radiated there for a minute. This feels like someone gave me a fake $600,000,000 winning lottery ticket.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220110-195511.png
    Screenshot_20220110-195511.png
    99 KB · Views: 31

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Damn I'm glad I waited. They almost got one hell of a donation on my behalf. To anyone else who sees this and thinks it might be legit, I'd check this out too. Their area code and number is from San Diego California but their location is in Texas? Not sure if it's possible to be 2 places at the same time...??? ? I'm not going to lie, this bummed me out. I thought I was going to be able to afford my dream group of radiated there for a minute. This feels like someone gave me a fake $600,000,000 winning lottery ticket.
For sure a scam! If prices are cheaper then any legit place then it's a scam.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga

This is 100% a scammer.

dd33

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Florida
This is 100% a scam.
Even if it were not, buying or attempting to buy Radiateds like this could land you in prison. You need to find someone selling them in your home state.

Adam90

Sarasota
This is 100% a scam.
Even if it were not, buying or attempting to buy Radiateds like this could land you in prison. You need to find someone selling them in your home state.

This is 100% a scam.
Oh **** you're 100% right that could've gone bad in a hurry. I have read that God knows how many times yet I didn't even think about it. Thanks for the heads up I appreciate it.

Adam90

Sarasota
For sure a scam! If prices are cheaper then any legit place then it's a scam.
DEFINITELY correct on that. They must have JUST created their site because I couldn't find a single shred of evidence anywhere.

It would be really cool if everyone got together and compiled all of their experiences to create some sort of scammer site list. I can't believe how many there are it's ridiculous.

dd33

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Florida
One of the things that irks me about scammers like this is that they perpetuate the idea that there is a big black market trade in these animals. An outsider looking in would assume that these people have the animals and are selling tons of them. In reality no one is ever getting an animal and they probably don't even have one to sell, just a stolen photo.

Adam90

Sarasota
One of the things that irks me about scammers like this is that they perpetuate the idea that there is a big black market trade in these animals. An outsider looking in would assume that these people have the animals and are selling tons of them. In reality no one is ever getting an animal and they probably don't even have one to sell, just a stolen photo.
You nailed it. Could've been me that fell for it. I can't stand a liar/thief. these scumbags make cockroaches look good. I feel like walking outside and smacking every tree in my parameter for providing these people with oxygen. Thanks

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
You nailed it. Could've been me that fell for it. I can't stand a liar/thief. these scumbags make cockroaches look good. I feel like walking outside and smacking every tree in my parameter for providing these people with oxygen. Thanks
Wait a minute! Cockroaches don’t deserve this comparison! ?

Adam90

Sarasota
Wait a minute! Cockroaches don’t deserve this comparison! ?
Well you definitely have a point there. I would like to take a moment to apologise to the worst most disgusting insects that literally surf on top of turds and toboggan down the sewer systems pipelines. I shouldn't have been so judgemental and appologise for the slander. They CLEARLY have more strength of character and a moral compass far beyond these tortoise scammers. I stand corrected!!!

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
While I agree this certainly looks like a scam, the phone number is not as meaningful. With cell phones our main phones, those numbers go with you anywhere you move. My son lives in Idaho, previously in Tennessee, and before that Texas. All in the past 8 years. And all with a Central California phone number.

Adam90

Sarasota
While I agree this certainly looks like a scam, the phone number is not as meaningful. With cell phones our main phones, those numbers go with you anywhere you move. My son lives in Idaho, previously in Tennessee, and before that Texas. All in the past 8 years. And all with a Central California phone number.
Well, you make a good point. I can see where certain circumstances could line up making that a possibility. I will definitely keep that in mind in the future. Thanks!