Is he an "Ok size"?

Location (City and/or State)
sc
Is this normal, he doesn't poop unless he is in warm water for like an hour, or when he is somtime s outside. But next time he does, I'll have to check it.

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Ok, you need to read those links for sulcata care sheets. You are doing several things wrong. One big thing is temps and his enclosure is way to small. I addressesed the temps on another thread. Please read the care sheets and make changes.

sc
How can I expand his encloser? See i have an tortoise and lizard cage all in one my lizards cage is at the bottom. And my tortoises at the top, should I make an outside enclosure
then he stays in that when it's warm and not raining?

drew54

Indiana
If he is pooping in his bath that is good. It creates a habit for them and keeps the area clean and allows you to monitor it. Torts grow at varying rates no one tort grows the same,so, therefore, no"average". My sulcata is 10mths and almost 2lbs. If your tort is active, eating, pooping, etc that's good. Just know there is always room to improve their diets. Make sure what you're feeding is nutritious and beneficial to them. Hydration is a must and good temps with high humidity.

Romeo Serback

New Jersey
To me, that weight doesn't sound right. I have a leopard barely a year old and he weighs over 530 grams.

sc
It might be he just isn't eating enough. I give him fresh food every day but he doesn't eat all of it, how do I know a tortoise is under weight?

Romeo Serback

New Jersey
It might be he just isn't eating enough. I give him fresh food every day but he doesn't eat all of it, how do I know a tortoise is under weight?
I am by no means an expert. You would need to consult Tom and Yvonne, but if my leopard tortoise, whom was hatched last year weighs over 500 grams and yours is a sulcata, that seems very off. Sulcata should be growing at a much faster rate than my leopard.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190612-203240_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190612-203240_Gallery.jpg
    419.4 KB · Views: 15
sc
Could a bad bulb affect his growth,because I've been trying to get him a new bulb because his doesn't produce much heat. is a flood bulb good? I've heard that they were good heat bulb.