Is it just me, or do tortoises seem to have unique little personalities?

kcrawford457

Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Of course they're living breathing animals, so they have feelings just like anything else. But as someone who has/does own a wide variety of reptiles, it just seems like turtles and tortoises seem to carry some of the most obvious personalities of any other reptiles I've owned.

lucycdavies

Haverfordwest
My little tortoise has her own personality - for instance, she has a favourite corner that she sleeps in!

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
my 2 definitely have unique personalities and I love it! The only other reptile I've owned that I can say had a big personality was my green iguana and that was only because he was so much of an a** you couldn't not see it ? he was either hot or cold at all times. 'Yes, pet my head and my spines', then if you stopped he'd smack the crap out of you with his tail and go pout.

turtlebean

Connecticut
hahaha yes I have noticed little by little their personalities come out! I wonder if years down the road my tortoise will be even more comfortable with me and maybe then I’ll see his true personality lol!

newCH

5 Year Member
So.FL
Yes, Sheldon has lots of personality. I love to watch him wake up in the morning.
I take him outside, pour his fresh water in his pan and he loves to have the water poured on his back.
Then he sits there & chills.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
20200712_220056.jpgThis is what Chi Chi does every time i pick her up. As soon as she is balanced somewhere either in my hand or like this for a couple minutes she just chills. Sprawls out and lays her head down right on me like there is no care in the world. She'll stay that way the whole time too. I never keep her out long. Maybe just a couple minutes. I like her to be comfy in her enclosure, but i can't resist saying hi to her.

turtlebean

Connecticut
View attachment 299892This is what Chi Chi does every time i pick her up. As soon as she is balanced somewhere either in my hand or like this for a couple minutes she just chills. Sprawls out and lays her head down right on me like there is no care in the world. She'll stay that way the whole time too. I never keep her out long. Maybe just a couple minutes. I like her to be comfy in her enclosure, but i can't resist saying hi to her.
that’s soooo precious