Is it normal for my female to always follow the male around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raynjone

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
I'm new to this forum, so I'm sorry if this question (or one similar) has been posted before.

I have had my male, Theo, since February and just got my female, Sasha, about 2 weeks ago. (Definitely sure of the sexes) Theo is not aggressive at all toward her and just does his normal thing, but she seems to be following him around everywhere! I haven't noticed her nipping or anything, but she will nuzzle her head on the back of his shell and will always be sleeping next to him. If she loses track of him, she will wander around looking in all the hides until she finds him...then crawls right in by him. Sometimes she will burrow under him, but nothing really aggressive. Is this normal?

Raynjone

5 Year Member
Washington
I knew Theo was a little stud muffin! He is playing hard to get, though, if that is the case.

Talka

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Just make sure Theo isn't stressed out. If he's eating enough and maintains a healthy weight, and she doesn't bite him or hurt him in any way, then they'll be ok together.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Raynjone said:
I'm new to this forum, so I'm sorry if this question (or one similar) has been posted before.

I have had my male, Theo, since February and just got my female, Sasha, about 2 weeks ago. (Definitely sure of the sexes) Theo is not aggressive at all toward her and just does his normal thing, but she seems to be following him around everywhere! I haven't noticed her nipping or anything, but she will nuzzle her head on the back of his shell and will always be sleeping next to him. If she loses track of him, she will wander around looking in all the hides until she finds him...then crawls right in by him. Sometimes she will burrow under him, but nothing really aggressive. Is this normal?

sounds like a cute love story! :)

Raynjone

5 Year Member
Washington
Here are a couple pics of them this morning after breakfast. I think Theo is enjoying her company...he is just a little shy compared to her. He has actually been eating more and more active since we got Sasha...so that's a good thing. (This is a first uploading photos, so hopefully it works) :)

39ca8892.jpg

85a1cb86.jpg

c3e01a27.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Russian males are not shy, far from it, I suspect he is not sexually mature yet.

Raynjone

5 Year Member
Washington
That could very well be. The person I got him from bought him at Petco a year ago and they said he was 5 months at the time...highly unlikely considering they import them from the wild, so no telling how old he was at the time.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
When petco says 5 months they are either lying or they are just saying how long the store has had them.

Status
Not open for further replies.