Is it okay to give my baby turtle Chinese cabbage?

JWiediyanto

As you guys all know, I just purchased baby albino red ear slider. I fed him prawn, bloodworm, chinese cabbage. Is it ok to feed them chinese cabbage? IF no what should I feed them and does the food I have them is good? What is the best food to give to my turtles? What's the best vegetable? What's the best plan diet?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Red Ear Sliders are not a finicky bunch....lol....when they are young they seem to be more meat hungry and as they age they like some of the greens more...so nightcrawlers, bloodworms are good does he eat the chinese cabbage when you offer it to him?

JWiediyanto

He ate some of it but he ate more kg the bloodworm than the Chinese cabbage. But is it ok to feed them chinese cabbage? And for the bloodworm how much should I feed him?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
He ate some of it but he ate more kg the bloodworm than the Chinese cabbage. But is it ok to feed them chinese cabbage? And for the bloodworm how much should I feed him?

I would gage how much to feed by how much he eats in roughly 5 minutes...then begin to adjust that she the turtle settles and sets up a routine....for both you and the turtle...lol....You can also offer a bit of the cabbage...but he will likely be much more excited to lay chompers on the meat stuff right now....

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Something mine love is water hyacinth. I also have duckweed, but only my painted turtles are into it... Crickets are yummy, meal worms, earthworms (that is disgusting to watch) worms you can buy at petstores, like waxworms.. I give them shrimp (even the big stuff, they love it, though you may need to cut it up for your little guy:D ) they eat cucumbers, dandelion (just food I could give to the torts) lettuces, and the small treat like strawberry. They are usually not picky eaters and will go for anything (hahaha mine are lazy AND picky) so try all kinds of things until you find what healthy and balanced, and what he likes to eat.