Is it safe to own a toad when you have baby torts?

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Hi! I’m really wanting to buy a pet captive bred Asian Spiny toad, obviously it would be kept in a separate cage but it would likely be kept in the same room as the tortoises. My torts are both year old Indian stars, would that be safe? I would be washing my hands well between handling either animal and keeping them away from each other, but just wanting to check since toads can carry diseases. Thank you!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi! I’m really wanting to buy a pet captive bred Asian Spiny toad, obviously it would be kept in a separate cage but it would likely be kept in the same room as the tortoises. My torts are both year old Indian stars, would that be safe? I would be washing my hands well between handling either animal and keeping them away from each other, but just wanting to check since toads can carry diseases. Thank you!
I don't see why they would be any problem. Most of us have a menagerie of different pets.

I don't know that species of toad, so I looked it up. Why that species? With so many species of frogs and toads available, why did you choose that one?

Texas
I don't see why they would be any problem. Most of us have a menagerie of different pets.

I don't know that species of toad, so I looked it up. Why that species? With so many species of frogs and toads available, why did you choose that one?
Thank you for the reply! I’m glad it seems like it’ll be ok since the torts’ health is always first. For the species- I prefer toads over frogs because I think they’re adorable, and I just think the Asian spiny toads are really cute! Their care is really simple so they’re great for first time owners, and there’s a really good store near me that has them so I can both be sure it’s captive bred and not have to have it shipped.