Is my baby Russian pyramiding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimitri

5 Year Member
Hi, I'm new here. So, I got my Russian tortoise twelve days ago, and I'm not sure how old he is, but he is certainly a baby. I'm concerned because it looks to me as though he may be pyramiding. This is my first tortoise, and I thought it would be good to more opinions; I may be overreacting, but he looks like he is to me. I attached two pictures of him from different angles.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). What is the humidity for your RT? Young ones need a humidity of 50-60 Also, how many times a week are you soaking him?

Not sure what happened to your picture, but only one had showed up. Now I don't see any pics:(. Hmmm, weird. Anyway, he looked maybe slightly pyramided, but it was hard to tell in the pic that had showed. Try posting pics again and a little closer shots.

dimitri

5 Year Member
Okay, let me try posting the pics again.

Attachments

• mitri 2.JPG
    mitri 2.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 59

dimitri

5 Year Member
Hmm, it's not letting me post pictures anymore... Anyway, when I came home today his humidity said it was fifty percent, on the side of his enclosure where the heating lamp is not, but my enclosure isn't very big and it didn't feel very humid to me. His substrate is a mix of play sand and coconut coir, and he usually likes to burrow a little at night. Should I moisten it? I do soak him, about 3 times a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.