Is my beautiful girl....A BOY??

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I found this in my almost 2 year old blue tongue skink's substrate this morning. 🦎

It has this tannish center, with a nearly clear gelatinous covering on it. It's roughly the size of a nickel. 😵‍💫

S(he)'s been very restless the past few days, trying to climb the walls, knocking over plants, staying up late at night...

Is this what I think it is?

I don't have to get more specific, do I?? :eek:

20220225_103820.jpg

zovick

10 Year Member!
I found this in my almost 2 year old blue tongue skink's substrate this morning. 🦎

It has this tannish center, with a nearly clear gelatinous covering on it. It's roughly the size of a nickel. 😵‍💫

S(he)'s been very restless the past few days, trying to climb the walls, knocking over plants, staying up late at night...

Is this what I think it is?

I don't have to get more specific, do I?? :eek:

View attachment 340951
Yes, please do be more specific. What do you think it is?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I was thinking you thought it was an egg with no shell.
Yvonnes answer though fits better with you not wanting to get more specific lol.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I don't think so Karen. That looks like urates and some waste to me. Here are a couple examples I found of what the sperm plugs might look like:
Unknown-1.jpeg

Unknown.jpeg

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I don't think so Karen. That looks like urates and some waste to me. Here are a couple examples I found of what the sperm plugs might look like:
View attachment 340972

View attachment 340973
Ah, yes, they look much more likely! And now that I've thought about it more, though she's been up from brumation for close to a week, she ate nothing until a few bites yesterday. What I photographed looks more like the 1st poop after nothing to eat for nearly 4 months.

So, Thistle remains female until proven otherwise! 😂