Is my Enclosure too barren?

Archie010

Location (City and/or State)
East Sussex
8AD6D365-B051-4301-9712-16F09C2013F4.jpegSo I inherited this little guy from my sister who quite frankly neglected him so I wanted to give him a great fresh start in life so I built this for him last year. He often sticks to the edges so I’m thinking he’s not a fan of the open spaces in the centre, can I get some opinions on this?
Thanks guys!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Not too barren at all. They tend to "patrol the perimeter" under normal circumstances, so I think what you are seeing is normal.

The area is not too small, but I would go even bigger if possible. You could add some more boulders and some logs to create sight barriers and make it more interesting. More plants would not be a bad thing. They like overhanging plants that they can snuggle into and get under.

Archie010

East Sussex
Not too barren at all. They tend to "patrol the perimeter" under normal circumstances, so I think what you are seeing is normal.

The area is not too small, but I would go even bigger if possible. You could add some more boulders and some logs to create sight barriers and make it more interesting. More plants would not be a bad thing. They like overhanging plants that they can snuggle into and get under.
Ok thanks, will do!