Is my redfoot juvenile a hybrid?

nightoff

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
I currently have six red foot babies/juveniles between the ages of one month and three months. One of the three-month-olds looks different than the other five. Is this difference a redfoot trait or do I have the genetics of perhaps a yellowfoot in the DNA somewhere? In the attached picture the one I’m questioning is on the top901C8FFD-F03B-4659-8131-270C090B4EC4.jpeg (I included the other one for comparison). Let me know if other pictures would be helpful. I welcome everyone’s input.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Does it have a split nose scale or a single nose scale?
What color is the plastron? And can you get a good photo of the front limbs? Cherryhead have dark plastron and arm spurs.
I've seen many hybrids recently. But I've also seen wildly different colors on babies from the same clutch.
Redfoot can be red, yellow or orange.
Even all drab is not unusual.
Yellowfoot hybrids also exist, but the ones I've seen all had that jagged edge look to the scute edges.
I think you just have a nice, natural color variety there

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I currently have six red foot babies/juveniles between the ages of one month and three months. One of the three-month-olds looks different than the other five. Is this difference a redfoot trait or do I have the genetics of perhaps a yellowfoot in the DNA somewhere? In the attached picture the one I’m questioning is on the topView attachment 307252 (I included the other one for comparison). Let me know if other pictures would be helpful. I welcome everyone’s input.
Just looks like a light colored Redfoot to me.

nightoff

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Florida
I was looking at the nose scale and it looked to me like it was a single scale but had a vertical line running partially through it. But I need to give it a good bath and get the dirt out of all the cracks and crevices to really be able to tell. I will post a couple of pictures later today.

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
Yeah, seems like a brightly colored variety of redfoot, that's all. I've seen a few like this almost as soon as I got done ordering hatchlings! Lol! Super cute!!!

nightoff

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Florida
I figured but was curious. Thanks everyone who helped. Since the father is going to be mating, I figured it would be good to know if he maybe isn’t a genetically pure redfoot. (If people care about that when purchasing/ acquiring tortoises)