Is my russian tortoise dead or hibernating?

Toaster

Location (City and/or State)
Katowice
The last two days my russian tortoise ate very little and today he looked very weak/tired and barely ate. Today he opened and closed his mouth a lot and at first only kept his right eye open but now both his eyes are closed and he isn't moving. I think he retained control of his muscles because he is hidden in his shell. I called a vet and was only able to get a visit on monday. I am really scared that he died because I haven't been taking proper care of him. Is he dead or hibernating? If you have any questions you need answered please ask and I will answer as fast as I can, I really want to know if he is okay because I love him. He is around 8cm long and I think he's somewhere around a year old.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
A hibernating tortoise will move when you touch him. It sounds to me as if he's gone. Have you been keeping him warm?

Toaster

Katowice
A hibernating tortoise will move when you touch him. It sounds to me as if he's gone. Have you been keeping him warm?
I have been keeping him warm, he was moving 2 hours ago but he isn't moving now even if I touch him.