Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
There's a pretty nice pictorial on how to care for the Indian Roof Turtle on Youtube.com. Sorry, but I don't know how to copy the link from my Kindle. Maybe one of our members will find it for you.

Nnnn

Indian Delhi
There's a pretty nice pictorial on how to care for the Indian Roof Turtle on Youtube.com. Sorry, but I don't know how to copy the link from my Kindle. Maybe one of our members will find it for you.
Yep I saw a vedio and cared for him in same way

Nnnn

Indian Delhi
Bt I don't like how people blame me for his death completely even after I did so much for him people blame me I love him with my life took care of him in every way possible and they say he suffered and died because of me

Cassierose5683

He was a water turtle he was a/2 year old and I had him for 6-7 months
He was eating the food in picture
Yes 3 days ago he was fine and I don't remember seeing him day before yesterday cause I was out and return home late night and yesterday noon I found him lying lifeless with shrunk eyes , a watery substance beneath him , his legs were in lock position and so rigid that if I pull them they may break , it became so light that like it was nothing in his shell I kept him for a day bt there was no movement

Hey I made the perfect place for for his living I spent my whole day playing with him there wasn't even a hour in which I didn't looked at him I gave him lettuce, peas, turtle food, caterpillar but he was not eating anything even tho I gave him food every day and tried to feed him with my hand . He used to stay in clean water for day and at night I took him our and placed him in a box . Changed his water every 2/3 hours kept him in sunlight and whan it was cold at night I covered is body with a warm clothes (his head was out ) it was just one day I didn't looked at him and ???

Reptiles are really good at masking if they're ill so he probably wasn't good 3 days ago you just couldn't tell at that time it was most likely at the time he stopped eating when he fell ill maybe even before. It sounds like your setup was an outside pond instead of a tank inside but maybe not if you had to change the water so often instead of having a filter? Also turtles don't care about attention from you unless it's food they just want to be basking on a log in the sun, swimming in the water and eating. It sounds like you just didn't have proper living conditions and unfortunately he paid the price. Age is no excuse on your lack of research I'm sorry I don't mean to be so blunt but it's the truth I was a couple years older than you when I got my sulcata tortoise and I did my research before getting him and after. You should still do some research and figure out what you did wrong so in the future you'll know. I'm sorry for your loss tho just cause they aren't dogs or cats doesn't mean we don't get attached to them.

Nnnn

Indian Delhi
Reptiles are really good at masking if they're ill so he probably wasn't good 3 days ago you just couldn't tell at that time it was most likely at the time he stopped eating when he fell ill maybe even before. It sounds like your setup was an outside pond instead of a tank inside but maybe not if you had to change the water so often instead of having a filter? Also turtles don't care about attention from you unless it's food they just want to be basking on a log in the sun, swimming in the water and eating. It sounds like you just didn't have proper living conditions and unfortunately he paid the price. Age is no excuse on your lack of research I'm sorry I don't mean to be so blunt but it's the truth I was a couple years older than you when I got my sulcata tortoise and I did my research before getting him and after. You should still do some research and figure out what you did wrong so in the future you'll know. I'm sorry for your loss tho just cause they aren't dogs or cats doesn't mean we don't get attached to them.
No my set up was in a tank and he was perfectly fine even after not eating food and most of the time in a day he used to be in a tank in sunlight

Beach_Bum

Kihei, Hawaii
I spent my whole day playing with him
It wasn't a dog or a cat. Animals like the one you had do not like contant handling or "playing." There's a whole list of things it appears you did wrong. It's not my job or anyone on this "Tortoise" forum (not Turtle) to educate you, sooth you, or tell you you did everything right by reading a post on google. It looks to me like you are just looking for attention. It's really quite sad actually. Please don't get another reptile (land or water based). If you must have a pet, get something that wants you to play with it, cuddle it, swaddle it, and can handle the steep learning curve you need in order to understand how to take care of an animal. I'm not engaging with you again on this.

Nnnn

Indian Delhi
It wasn't a dog or a cat. Animals like the one you had do not like contant handling or "playing." There's a whole list of things it appears you did wrong. It's not my job or anyone on this "Tortoise" forum (not Turtle) to educate you, sooth you, or tell you you did everything right by reading a post on google. It looks to me like you are just looking for attention. It's really quite sad actually. Please don't get another reptiple (land or water based). If you must have a pet, get something that wants you to play with it, cuddle it, swaddle it, and can handle the steep learning curve you need in order to understand how to take care of an animal. I'm not engaging with you again on this.
I didn't met playing fetch with him all day I ment I made him walk on a tilted plank and seeing him walk and swim in water quietly

Nnnn

Indian Delhi
It wasn't a dog or a cat. Animals like the one you had do not like contant handling or "playing." There's a whole list of things it appears you did wrong. It's not my job or anyone on this "Tortoise" forum (not Turtle) to educate you, sooth you, or tell you you did everything right by reading a post on google. It looks to me like you are just looking for attention. It's really quite sad actually. Please don't get another reptile (land or water based). If you must have a pet, get something that wants you to play with it, cuddle it, swaddle it, and can handle the steep learning curve you need in order to understand how to take care of an animal. I'm not engaging with you again on this.
I'm not doing it for attention ok

Nnnn

Indian Delhi
Wow what a man hes thinking that I cuddle my tortoise ? it was your fault u were not able to make right meaning of playing with him tell me who can cuddle a turtle and if you r so genious that u know the things I did wrong then why don't u tell it huh ? It's just your thinking that I need attention

Nnnn

Indian Delhi
Wow what a man hes thinking that I cuddle my tortoise ? it was your fault u were not able to make right meaning of playing with him tell me who can cuddle a turtle and if you r so genious that u know the things I did wrong then why don't u tell it huh ? It's just your thinking that I need attention
I don't needed attention I needed some to inform me about him

pacific chelonians

SanDiego California
Ok I have read this whole conversation and you don’t want to here this and I am not trying to be mean but pretty much with everything you did to that poor turtle I am suppressed that it even lasted a day there are not many of these turtles in the world to the point you can not own them in most countries so next time at least find out if you are getting a turtle or a lizard you are posting on here so that means that you have no excuse you need to do your research

Jan A

Boulder, CO
I don't needed attention I needed some to inform me about him
Then why wait so long to come here & expect a forum for tortoise owners & breeders to help fix a turtle that's already dead or almost dead? You also gave the impression initially that your turtle was a tortoise.

I am sorry for your loss. You need time to mourn. Perhaps when you get some perspective & re-read this thread, you will see that members care about every owner's torts & turtles & we wish you had come to this forum sooner.

But YOU were the owner & owning a pet comes with responsibilities. Learn from this lesson. That's what I'm saying to you because as good pet owners, we all have to learn everytime we lose a pet unexpectedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.