Is my tortoise health ?

rolley

I found a wild indian star a mont ago..since then he is my pet..
According to experts in the forum he is 6 yrs old
His dimensions are 16×10 cms
He is weighing 650 grams
I wanna know is he healthy according to his age and size ?

Attachments

• 1501860926820.jpg
    1501860926820.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 1501860956915.jpg
    1501860956915.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 26
Location (City and/or State)
Stamford, CT, USA
I don't know much about star torts but he looks good to me. Looks healthy and is eating. I wouldn't be worried, but yet again I am the farthest thing from a star tort expert.

Loritort

I found a wild indian star a mont ago..since then he is my pet..
According to experts in the forum he is 6 yrs old
His dimensions are 16×10 cms
He is weighing 650 grams
I wanna know is he healthy according to his age and size ?

Where did you find him? I think they are absolutely stunning torts!

Loritort

Maybe I'll be lucky enough to have a star walk into my life just like you! Take care

rolley

Maybe I'll be lucky enough to have a star walk into my life just like you! Take care
It was a lucky day for me...I was roaming in fields and eventually a star come out of nowhere...I was like super excited..I took him from there and bring it home 30 miles away

dhruvstortoise

Bay Area, CA
Hi

Indian stars are illegal tortoises to catch in the wild. The poor guy might have been separated from his family. Assuming that it's wild you are probably from India. I don't live in India but I know for a fact that it's illegal to keep one there.

Loritort

Hi

Indian stars are illegal tortoises to catch in the wild. The poor guy might have been separated from his family. Assuming that it's wild you are probably from India. I don't live in India but I know for a fact that it's illegal to keep one there.
Thank You! Great post:)

rolley

Hi

Yes you are right Dhruv...it is illegal to keep tortoises in India...but they are naturally occurring here..and I'm not keeping it in some enclosure..I have kept him in my garden..he roams there freely all day..I only keep him in enclosure for sleeping....and I thought that I may be separating him from his family..but they are solitary animals..they can live along..I will keep him with other torts once a month ( my neighbour have 2 torts)