Is she infected with Respiratory infection?

IlyBakeeza♥

Location (City and/or State)
Egypt
So I haven't seen my tortoise since 20 September (I did travel abroad and left her with a relative who has a tortoise too.) I brought her today back to home. I noticed that she was making a noise while breathing, she opened her mouth many times, I could feel her skin so dry...
My tortoise is a female libyan greek, if this could help.

Number1Platypus

Massachusetts
My box turtle was doing that but also blowing bubbles, took him to the vet today and it was a respitory infection. In my opinion I think you're better off getting it checked out because you never know

IlyBakeeza♥

Egypt
So there's no way to treat her at home?
I heard that I could give her brufen syrup...

IlyBakeeza♥

Egypt
Oh, So I will try my best to find a vet near us, till i find one, should I give her antibiotics or anything?

Number1Platypus

Massachusetts

IlyBakeeza♥

Egypt
I found one near me, I'm going to call him tomorrow and ask if he specializes in exotic animals like what @Tyanna said..
For today, I made her sunbath in the balcony today and she was much better and ate well :D but still there was noise while breathing so yea she should visit the vet as soon as possible..

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
I found one near me, I'm going to call him tomorrow and ask if he specializes in exotic animals like what @Tyanna said..
For today, I made her sunbath in the balcony today and she was much better and ate well :D but still there was noise while breathing so yea she should visit the vet as soon as possible..
I hope she's well soon. Check this thread out:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/index.php?threads/Tortoise-(reptile)-vet-in-Egypt?.99620/#post-932171
You can message the original poster of that thread...

salmaalsayyad

I am in Egypt too and I have a similar problem with my tortoise and I am really worried. I cannot find a vet who knows how to deal with tortoises. Did you have any luck finding vets?

Thank you. :)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
What type of noise? Tortoise do yawn, so are you seeing the tortoise yawn or is the tortoise opening the mouth as though it is trying to get something out of its mouth (gaping open and not gradual yawn)...also, tortoise will pump their throat some while breathing.....

Noise, some tortoise make clicking, popping, cooing noises....they are not always completely silent...

http://www.quijano.net/tq/turtlesounds.html

What type of tortoise did your friend have where you left your tortoise at? Were the two tortoise left in the same enclosure?