Is the All Living Things UVB bulb okay?

TuckerDucker

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Missouri
I've had my juvie redfoot for 3ish months now. When I first set up his enclosure, I got the All Living Things bearded dragon/tortoise equipment kit for the domes/lights. I was just looking around for tortoise items online just now and saw that their UVB bulbs don't actually work, and now I'm worried. Does anyone else know if the UVB bulb from ALT works? Thanks!

Minority2

Tortoise Hell
1. Coiled/bent U-shaped style bulbs are called compact florescent bulbs. They are not safe for tortoises. They will cause severe eye issues. Stop using them. All living things is a generic, overpriced pet brand. Their products often come with poor build quality. I suggest replacing your fixtures with more durable models from the local hardware store.

2. You require a linear florescent fixture and UV(B) reptile rated bulb. A Zoomed Reptisun T5 5.0 3 ft or Arcadia 6% T5 3 ft bulb will be safer and longer lasting.

Please include picture(s) of your enclosure and lighting setup if you want more advice.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I believe the All Living Things MVB bulbs are what I bought. I wouldn't buy them again. I had too have them all replaced twice. They just didn't last last a couple weeks. I got them from Chewy.com who was very good on replacing them but the hassle just isn't worth it.

TuckerDucker

5 Year Member
Missouri
1. Coiled/bent U-shaped style bulbs are called compact florescent bulbs. They are not safe for tortoises. They will cause severe eye issues. Stop using them. All living things is a generic, overpriced pet brand. Their products often come with poor build quality. I suggest replacing your fixtures with more durable models from the local hardware store.

2. You require a linear florescent fixture and UV(B) reptile rated bulb. A Zoomed Reptisun T5 5.0 3 ft or Arcadia 6% T5 3 ft bulb will be safer and longer lasting.

Please include picture(s) of your enclosure and lighting setup if you want more advice.

Thank you!! Would this work? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AQU8HKO/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

Changa

Ca
I've had my juvie redfoot for 3ish months now. When I first set up his enclosure, I got the All Living Things bearded dragon/tortoise equipment kit for the domes/lights. I was just looking around for tortoise items online just now and saw that their UVB bulbs don't actually work, and now I'm worried. Does anyone else know if the UVB bulb from ALT works? Thanks!
I wish I answer or reply re: UVB bulb
New 2 going on 3 weeks with my 2 yr and 1 yr Sulcatas
The experienced with tortoise will jump in and help u:)

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
I just got a notice about a Recall for "All Living Things" bulbs:

"RECALL: All Living Things strip lights for reptiles. Bulbs overheat and hood over light will ignite. Sold at PetSmart stores thru July 2018. 20 inch and 30 inch. Stop using any of them and return for refund."

I actually use the Arcadia T5 HO 12% UVB bulbs. They are excellent! Cheapest price for them is on Reptile Basics website. Pangea Reptile sells them for a good price too.

Changa

Ca
I just got a notice about a Recall for "All Living Things" bulbs:

"RECALL: All Living Things strip lights for reptiles. Bulbs overheat and hood over light will ignite. Sold at PetSmart stores thru July 2018. 20 inch and 30 inch. Stop using any of them and return for refund."

I actually use the Arcadia T5 HO 12% UVB bulbs. They are excellent! Cheapest price for them is on Reptile Basics website. Pangea Reptile sells them for a good price too.
Oh not good