Is there a tort that would be happy in a 59 gallon fish aquarium?

feralbookeater

Location (City and/or State)
Kansas
We have a large fish aquarium, low sided and long. It's 59 gallons, and I was curious if there was a tiny tort species that would actually do well in such an environment. Obviously I'd be doing lots of outdoor exploration in the summer and spring, but for the winter I was curious.

If not, I'll probably be moving toward a female Betta colony 😍

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
We have a large fish aquarium, low sided and long. It's 59 gallons, and I was curious if there was a tiny tort species that would actually do well in such an environment. Obviously I'd be doing lots of outdoor exploration in the summer and spring, but for the winter I was curious.

If not, I'll probably be moving toward a female Betta colony 😍
Not. The smaller commonly available tortoise species need at least 4x8 feet.

Bettas are pretty cool!

That would make a nice mansion for a leopard gecko, or a ball python. You cold also get a bearded dragon or a blue tongue skink.

Grace-Sophia

Texas
I figured! Thanks for confirming :)
Thanks for checking before you just popped a tort in there like most do. Shows that you are a very wise and responsible owner, I wish you luck with whatever gets to live in that beautiful tank of yours! Updates, updates, updates! Yes we are a tortoise fourm, but love all the other animal shenanigans that go on, good luck! 💕