Is there a way I can find out if my tortoise likes music?

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
No one is taking the tortoises feelings into account. Imagine the horror if a Celine Dion fan is subjected to that heavy metal plather! The injustice of this so called expirement. The sniff test screams torture. Why not start with the Weird Al Yankovic channel to get right to the abuse!

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Well... this became even a little more interesting because I may be able to find another new leafy green to entice Sapphire. Kale can be purple why not blue. Or others.
There must be some edible blue flowers that you could try too - perhaps even served on a blue plate !!
Angie

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
There must be some edible blue flowers that you could try too - perhaps even served on a blue plate !!
Angie
That's an idea about the plate. Maybe I can find a blue tile that color. I looked for plants and Google mostly goes to purple and then nothing edible. A few blue flowers but I'm not sure they're edible. I'll look again though.?

tortoisenana

5 Year Member
San Antonio, Texas
Tortoises can’t hear, experiments with forum member here have proven it.

Also, heavy metal is not stressful. I find it quite enjoyable and relaxing. Soothes the savage beast.

How about sorting out your tortoises visual preferences instead? Try offering different colored objects of the same item, like a plastic ball or something, and see if the tortoise has a preference for one color over another?
Just curious, if tortoises can't hear why do mine come when I call them?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Just curious, if tortoises can't hear why do mine come when I call them?
They don't. They come when they feel your footsteps, see movement, smell food, or some other non auditory cue.

We had a member here named @GBtortoises . Some college students came out to study this. When he was hidden from view and no food was present. His tortoises did to respond to his voice at all. You can search back and look for his much more thorough explanation if you like.

I've tried this with my tortoises too. I stand out of their few and scream my head off and nothing. As soon as I enter their periphery, I get a reaction. If I soak some Mazuri, they will be waiting and begging if the wind carries the scent their way.

tortoisenana

5 Year Member
San Antonio, Texas
They don't. They come when they feel your footsteps, see movement, smell food, or some other non auditory cue.

We had a member here named @GBtortoises . Some college students came out to study this. When he was hidden from view and no food was present. His tortoises did to respond to his voice at all. You can search back and look for his much more thorough explanation if you like.

I've tried this with my tortoises too. I stand out of their few and scream my head off and nothing. As soon as I enter their periphery, I get a reaction. If I soak some Mazuri, they will be waiting and begging if the wind carries the scent their way.
Thank you. I'm always learning something new from this forum.?