Is there a way to get my turtles to STOPfighting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
We are so thrilled that they are separated. Good for you!!!!

Wherethetortiroam

5 Year Member
I'm passionate about these shelled creatures too. That's why I was really happy to have found this site :)

Wherethetortiroam

5 Year Member
wellington said:
A little misunderstanding as far as we didn't realize you had them already separated:).

They are separated. The only time they aren't is when I get fresh fish from petsmart then I let them be together ,cause they're so focused on the fish, the before I go to bed I put the divider back in

*is that pic upside down for non apple users? Why's it do that*

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 49

California Mieke

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Valley, California
Maybe you could add some plants ...so they can hide more AND eat ;))
A big branch would be great, too ( but water it for a few days in a bucket before you add it to the tank.
Something like duckweed is also nice for them, it's on top of the water and they can jump in , when they come from the basking area ;)

And something for yourself: don't be too emotional, the turtles are fine by themselve - it's better to have both seperated, you'll see the difference if you'll have two tanks and they don't see eachother anymore....
Put some foil behind , otherwise they are confused about the reflection in the glass ;)

treefrog1

5 Year Member
Wherethetortiroam said:
I have a 55gallon tank that I have some perches in( enough to where the both can in the sun comfortably ) but the one turtle won't leave the other one alone. The bullied turtle doesn't even fight back or try to avoid it though its like he lets him bite his ***. He don't even have a tail any more. Hasn't for a couple years now

They always have enough food, they got what they don't eat when do feed them at the bottom of the tank and no less then 30-40 fish at a time to feed on.

I do have a divider that I put in the still sometimes but it's discusting and unfair to both of them cause it takes away half the tank. Any advise?

ouple of questions for you. 1) what type of turtles are they? 2) how old are they or how big? 3)do you know the sexes?

Wherethetortiroam

5 Year Member
1) painted 2)about 10-14 years give or take and five or more inches long 3) male.....I think

Wherethetortiroam

5 Year Member
Ok new and weird development here:

So I was watching my turtles the other day, still separated, and the one that no longer has a tail is swimming real close to the bottom of the divider and the other turtle, with a tail, was right there on the other side at the bottom too. So I continue to watch and the turtle with no tail just sits and waits for a sec then scoots over to the other turtle with a tails' mouth and let's him bite him then swims away.....wtf right?. So I go back outside and finish whAt I'm doing and com back inside a few hours later and the dividers sideways and they're swimming on top of each other n the corner by he light.

I don't get it. I'm to racist or anything but can turtles be gay?

Status
Not open for further replies.