Is there anyone who sells tortoise for a cheap price?

PlanetGio

Location (City and/or State)
Atlanta, Ga
Is there anyone who sells tortoise for a cheap price? I love tortoises and I really want one, I've researched a lot about them.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I reccomend reading in this forum and determining what type of tortoise would best suit your current situation. Then placing a "wanted" ad on your local CRAIGSLIST.
You can also try to adopt a tortoise here.
But you need to be more specific about what type and how you plan to care for it.
For example: You have a large property with a sturdy fence.
Or: You have an aquarium and plan on keeping a tortoise in it.
Tortoises are not all the same and tortoise keeping may not be as simple as you think.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Don't worry about the price of the tortoise. Worry about the health and quality of the tortoise.

Saving a few dollars by buying from a cheap source can end up costing you hundreds in vet bills and frequently results in a dead tortoise even after spending all the money on vet bills. Its not worth it. Tortoises can live 100+ years. A few bucks one way or the other is inconsequential.

If money is tight you should wait until things get better.

PlanetGio

Atlanta, Ga
The tortoise of most species is the cheapest part of owning a tortoise.
If your looking for cheap, have you searched all that is needed to house, feed, heat, lights, humidity, vet visit if needed. Can you afford all the other stuff needed?
I have everything ready for it

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Petco does ! And you get to try to get it to eat and it will not . But if your lucky maybe it will start to eat . But know you got to take it to the vet and your new cheep tort has worms so you pay a vet maybe $100.00 to deworm it . And a week later it stops eating again so you take it back to the vet and the tort got stressed so the vet gave the tort antibiotics he may live or not but your out the tort !
Or you spend a little more and get a tort that has a bath everyday, been given the right foods and temps . And you save all that money not giving it to vet bills . And you have a very happy little tort for a long time . And all the free info.
And I hope you understand I have your best interest at heart . Good luck with the tort that makes you as happy as I am with all my torts ![emoji217]

PlanetGio

Atlanta, Ga
Don't worry about the price of the tortoise. Worry about the health and quality of the tortoise.

Saving a few dollars by buying from a cheap source can end up costing you hundreds in vet bills and frequently results in a dead tortoise even after spending all the money on vet bills. Its not worth it. Tortoises can live 100+ years. A few bucks one way or the other is inconsequential.

thank you

PlanetGio

Atlanta, Ga
Petco does ! And you get to try to get it to eat and it will not . But if your lucky maybe it will start to eat . But know you got to take it to the vet and your new cheep tort has worms so you pay a vet maybe $100.00 to deworm it . And a week later it stops eating again so you take it back to the vet and the tort got stressed so the vet gave the tort antibiotics he may live or not but your out the tort !
Or you spend a little more and get a tort that has a bath everyday, been given the right foods and temps . And you save all that money not giving it to vet bills . And you have a very happy little tort for a long time . And all the free info.
And I hope you understand I have your best interest at heart . Good luck with the tort that makes you as happy as I am with all my torts ![emoji217]
thank you

PlanetGio

Atlanta, Ga

I am a dog trainer too by the way

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
What kind of tortoise are you looking to get?
Could we see your set up?
Are you looking for a hatchling or an adult?

Keep in mind that even most small specifies require a minimum enclosure size of 8x4 feet.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I do hunting dogs for a hobby
Please take this to PM if you don't want to clutter your thread, but hunting dogs are great fun. I do falconry and last year I made one of my malinios my rabbit dog for hunting with my hawk.

What type of hunting and what type of dogs do you work with? I can talk dogs all day, just as much as tortoises. :)

PlanetGio

Atlanta, Ga
What kind of tortoise are you looking to get?
Could we see your set up?
Are you looking for a hatchling or an adult?

Keep in mind that even most small specifies require a minimum enclosure size of 8x4 feet.
I was thinking about a sulcata, whenever it grows I am going to put it in my big backyard, I have a good sized barn in my backyard too, I could heat it up.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
I was thinking about a sulcata, whenever it grows I am going to put it in my big backyard, I have a good sized barn in my backyard too, I could heat it up.

Please be sure to give these a read-
How To Raise A Healthy Sulcata Or Leopard, Version 2.0 https://tortoiseforum.org/index.php...ealthy-Sulcata-Or-Leopard,-Version-2.0.79895/

For Those Who Have a Young Sulcata... https://tortoiseforum.org/index.php?threads/For-Those-Who-Have-a-Young-Sulcata....76744/

Beginner Mistakes https://tortoiseforum.org/index.php?threads/Beginner-Mistakes.45180/

PlanetGio

Atlanta, Ga
Please take this to PM if you don't want to clutter your thread, but hunting dogs are great fun. I do falconry and last year I made one of my malinios my rabbit dog for hunting with my hawk.

What type of hunting and what type of dogs do you work with? I can talk dogs all day, just as much as tortoises. :)
malinois are my favorite dogs, could you pm me? i dont know hot it works im new

Reactions: orv

PlanetGio

Atlanta, Ga

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
I can't take a picture with it on my laptop, its a enclosure for a baby tortoise, it is a box which is going to be filled with sand and grass

Sounds like a lot of changes should be made.

Sand should never, ever be used for any species of tortoise, and hay/grass shouldn’t either. Unless the grass is live, of course.

Do you have a phone you can use the site on, and upload a picture there? I find that a lot easier.